RF + Cyclone +(?) potential discharge halp

Yo Community,

I've done heaps of builds already this season, and I've had enough of dying. I wanted to go super tanky but was told by friends who play much more than me that I won't have the deeps to get anywhere late game. So I started something that I've wanted to do for a long time: Try an RF build.

Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/zfLZBD6

That's my current build that I am working on. I am actually pretty excited to give it a go! I've taken many ideas from ZiggyD, Oro, Foxie, and tried to combine them and that's what I've come up with. The choice for Sion was very deliberate, saving a point here and there. There are points left on purpose in case I want to consider EE or I am pretty happy with that tree (I am aware of the Increased area effect next to sion, but I haven't decided whether they're worth it yet since I haven't finalised anything), but I welcome comments.

What's I've come here to ask for help with is something that's been at the back on my mind. I saw a CoC Cyclone Discharge build do hilarious things, and I wanted to try it sometime... I've seen many RF builds run cyclone with Life Gain on Hit for regen and to apply elemental weapon dmg to proc EE. I was wondering if there is a way of combining the 2. Things I am confused with below:

1. most CoC builds demand a Voll's protector, which obviously isn't compatible with an RF build. I was considering running Power Charge on Crit, but a socket is expensive. There are other alternatives like Romira's Banquet (which I have) and auto cursing assassins mark to gather power charges that way. Either one of these would beg for Voll's devotion.... which is expensive... but would maximise the builds lovin' power. Is there any other options I've missed?

2. Is there any particular reason we use Cyclone for RF and CoC discharge? It actually drops Attack speed, which means less chance to crit per second/ less health back. I assume it's for the AOE potential as AOE attacks means more life back if there is more than one target, and voll's protector gives charges for each enemy hit. Other than that... it seems kinda inefficient, or is there something else I am missing (I've never used Cyclone). What other options are there?

3. I've seen some people take Unwavering Stance on the tree to avoid being stunned by Atziri's trio, but since cyclone prevents knockback and stuns is this actually a waste of a point?
If unwavering Stance does have a point, is it worth taking Iron reflexes and running grace to benefit from the evasion rating I would have had?

At the moment that's all I can think of. I had heaps of ideas at work, but now that I am home and winding down they're all gone.
I do understand that by going half RF and half CoC disharger I am only going to be half as good as both, but combined I hope they'll balance each other out to stupid proportions. Any comments?

Otherwise I'll run this with romira's banquet, CoC +Dishcharge + cyclone+ LGoH +Conc Eff + (if somehow I have a 6-link) +increased AOE

Bad idea, too much to put into one build imo - the amount of life regen and crit you need makes it kinda not worthwhile unless you're low-life. Coupled with the fact that CoC vastly outperforms RF dps-wise and the dps on spell gain is not worth the passive investment, it's somewhat meh to go RF and you would rather use a "tanky" CoC character.

But to answer your questions,

1) Only discharge needs that chest, other CoC builds can make do with Ass Mark if you are good at keeping up charges

2) Cyclone procs CoC a lot due to multiple attacks per spin. Not sure what you're trying to say with the AoE potential as Cyclone isn't supposed to do damage by itself.

3) You also have to consider getting stunned by Atziri Spears etc when moving
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Feb 28, 2015, 6:38:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info