Marauder - Buring arrow --> Big burnerino? Help with building the build

Hello guys,
I got an idea for the new build. However, I don't know if it will work, so I would appreciate your help. :) The main idea is to shot burning arrow (GMP/LMP + Fire Penetration + Increased Burning Damage + Chance to ignite + Pierce + Burning arrow) and ignite everything then wait until they die. I'm not that experienced in this game and this build (gem setup, however you're gonna call it) is not supposed to be the fastest but it is meant to be fun. Of course I will run some auras and I should think about some single target damage which could be burning arrow without GMP/LMP. And I'm also curious about the ignite chance/pierce chance = kill potential. And does projectile damage influences burning damage?

I wanna ask you for your opinion or even experience with this gem setup and eventually give me some advice please.

passive skill tree here:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8i8aPhznajtqHtIhns125zhTIq-fy6cwGJG8n_xLFE0B5zboMn6GYIIH8kFXDZHOGS7ZYSftCfbUfAYOfNn3MnKpxPZqAZe0Van-VA3NK1Aczj0Pd-V8uySLV-KaO4Kb7SDhc6IA8B8Es2jy7DgnLxo4kFXAGnGFeuZj_UbX2rmxQnF5FxwSaZ2uGmzkIilPGGWPRqcIr40dFOxVKo1JGzbY8WysmPfXm6EulJeFNPchsDbpJKoWb-Nq8xED7jOHHb48Lcautz41kti9_gq18s8yWW1fmG6q8pebXaiaWlJKyH31TP-HKdrd
Yeah, these builds were kinda good before Herald of Ash, nowadays people prefer getting a decent crit bow, building for crit to maximize overkill damage and proliferating herald instead of burning arrow. Another advantage is you can go for any damage type with HoA, it doesn't need to be fire. But, you can still do it the oldschool way too if you prefer.

About mechanics, proliferating burn from multiple targets doesn't stack so you don't really need all those projectiles, nor pierce (except if you got Drillneck). To maximize burning from ignite means you need to do as much fire damage as possible in initial attack, so it would be good to link burning arrow with Added Fire and PPAD to scale it all. You can either use Avatar of Fire or Blackgleam to convert all your physical damage to fire.

Projectile damage does apply to ignite if you inflicted the status with a projectile, so it will work if you ignite with BA, but not if you used HoA, except indirectly.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Ur tree has 123 point, there is no way of getting so much now. Plan ur build with 100-110 points, to get lvl 90 is relatively easy, but further progression is way way harder and the possibility of u getting to lvl 100 is pretty small.

I would focus on one arrow hitting super, hard igniting it's target and burning everything down. Links would be burning arrow + ele prolif + inc burning dmg + chance to ignite + phys proj atk dmg/fire pen.

With out any real experience with such build i would try this build. With dual curse flamability + ele weakness, or triple curse vulneability/temp chains with windscream.

EDIT* changed the build a little bit, cuz i forgot u gonna need tons of dex, so no u can easy get 3x30 dex nodes.
Last edited by 1337fun on Feb 28, 2015, 2:18:16 PM
Thanks a lot, guys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info