Whakawairua Tuahu / Full Clears

First off I'd like to say, cool map, I really like the light radius/iiq,iir mechanic! Seemed to encourage fast play, smash a pack and run to the next, thus I decided to ignore loot till the end.

Then to my horror I discovered you can't return to the first area!? This choice seems really contradictory, especially combined with mobs hidden under the floor and a full clear challenge attached.

I felt really cheated out of items and a full clear there, how was I supposed to know I couldn't return to the first area?

It may be somewhat "challenging" to full clear the map, but it is not fun! Full clears in general are quite irritating, tenfold when dealing with mobs that require proximity to appear, yet count to the monster total.

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry with the boss, did both :D
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think this is the whole concept behind the map mechanic. You have to decide if you go through loot now and thus lose light/MF or if you go fast to get more rewards later.

Perhaps, if that is the case, I feel it should communicated clearly! I like that GGG doesn't spoon feed us information but that seems like a pretty important detail that is not obvious whatsoever. It never even occurred to me that I wouldn't be allowed back in the first area, I can't even think of any other place in the game that does this.

The rate in which you gain radius from killing mobs is pretty fast, seemed capped(?) after a couple of packs. Seems like stopping to pick stuff up in the first area won't really cost much in next area, definitely not as much as was lost from the first area.
"
Drakaru wrote:
Perhaps, if that is the case, I feel it should communicated clearly! I like that GGG doesn't spoon feed us information but that seems like a pretty important detail that is not obvious whatsoever.

well, now you know. if someone updates the wiki, most will know. this is how this game worked for a bit. someone has to fall on the grenade first to figure it out. remember oba's and those curious to know what 'fatal' meant ?
Yeah, I had a similar experience with it. I was pretty gutted to discover that I couldn't go back to the first area. Actually, I saw the portal on the ground and ran into it before I'd even fully cleared the first area. I just didn't really know what the layout of the map would be. After I'd killed the boss, which was a hilarious fight; really tough and lots of fun, I was pretty ticked off to discover I couldn't get back into the first area. Such a huge quantity of loot, there that I just ran past and didn't pick up and then couldn't get back to.

I made so many mistakes, and as a result only got like maybe 2 inventory loads of loot out of my 6 portals, even though I didn't die. There was heaps of it trapped in the first area that I didn't/couldn't pick up because I was going so fast. Glad a mirror didn't drop there. Found some boots called "Ambush League Eelskin Boots", which made me lol. I was wondering if it was a bug that you couldn't get back into the first area; the portals on the ground boom when you step on them, but you don't get transported to the first area. Fun map, would run again++
the "trick" to easy full clear on that map is to never remake your first portal, so if monsters remain you log out - go hideout - portal and you are once again in the first area - you can use all six portals that way just like a normal map, circumventing the questionable design of not being able to go back from area2 to area1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info