[1.3] Dr. Fire build (RF, Cyclone+CoC+FlameSurge, EE, Shocked)

I must give credit to Sw1ft1 for pioneering the basis of this build.

Theory/Numbers
Spoiler
RF to burn & give spell mult. Herald of Thunder to shock & proc EE (50% more dmg && -50 fire res). Cyclone+CoC+Flame Surge (50% more dmg to burning mobs) to obliterate all that stands with your PhD in multipliers. Hence Dr. Fire.

RF = more 1.58 spell dmg (also burn status)
EE ~= more 1.5 spell dmg
Shocked = more 1.5 dmg
FlameSurge = more 1.5 dmg against burning enemies (with 6L conc effect for an addition 1.69)

total multiplier NON-CRIT for flame surge = 1.58 * 1.5 * 1.5 * 1.5 = 5.33 (9.01 with conc effect)

As an example, I have a total of 218% increased damage being applied to flame surge. That means flame surge does 218% * 5.33 = 1162% increased damage. (would be 1964% with 6L).

It is absurd. And that's in addition to the death RF is dishing out.

Reflect isn't an issue do to 89% fire res (99% with flask) ((or you could just replace flame surge))

102 Point Tree (leaves some room for QoL nodes)

Gear/Gems
Pretty standard for RF. Nothing new here. Only thing of note is the dagger & some accuracy on rings to help with crit. You could also go for a nice crafted Vagan dagger so you don't have to deal with accuracy. I had this one lying around and no currency to craft/buy a vagan :/

But make sure you don't have +x fire dmg on gear/weapons. You will proc EE and make enemies more resistant rather than weaker to fire.

Socketed gems are current, so look at them for reference.

Spoiler

Bandits
Oak - Kill - Alira

Videos
74 - Ele Weakness + Ele Reflect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyoMntTMva4
Last edited by perkar on Mar 7, 2015, 9:55:49 PM
The build looks good. A video clearing a map would be nice.
I have thought many times about using EE with this build but I ended up not going with it for some reason. It definitely does WAY more single target damage but I've got no idea how much it increases AOE clear speed (you can hit enemies multiple times with flame surge without hitting them with cyclone). I also like using a cold spell for better freezes so that part is worse as well. Overall though, EE is pretty amazing with the build and I think I'd use it for sure if I wasn't so concerned with defense. This build should decimate things like Atziri and the more difficult map bosses, especially with a 6L.

Edit: Also I'd like to note that this build with EE and dual curse has a lot of potential in PvP I think (with minor adjustments). I haven't had time to test but the damage output should be pretty difficult to deal with for most chars.
Last edited by Sw1ft1 on Feb 28, 2015, 10:56:37 PM
You grace me with your input Sw1ft1 :P

The main reason I went for EE was for boss clear or party carrying since it affects both the dmg RF does and the damage from Flame Surge. Plus it's basically free dps, given where we start in the tree and how much fire res we have :)

I've been on travel for a few days, so I haven't been able to post any vids, but I'd love to see what you think when I do!
Last edited by perkar on Mar 1, 2015, 6:24:51 PM
Hi there,

I want to start lvln up a new character for this build but was unsure of what keystones i should head for first?

Any help would be much appreciated cuz this build sounds awesome :)
Well the only keystone is EE, but I would suggest staying away from it until you can switch to RF+Cyclone. So that'll be at least lvl 62 (shield req). I lvled with incinerate till 69 picking up the various life regen nodes/fire damage on the left side of the tree path.

If you've got a searing touch longstaff, that'll get you through from lvl 13 till whenever you decide to switch to cyclone.
Last edited by perkar on Mar 1, 2015, 11:55:17 PM
Thanx for the advice, its my first time making a RF build. I'm running cyclone with curse on hit and poachers mark + a few elreon pieces for negative mana costs. Chucked on HOA HOI and if I can get enuff int I will try HOT alongside as my mana cost is almost nill.

It's been quite fun so far just hit lvl 37.
Added video of Gorge with Ele Weakness + Ele Reflect :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyoMntTMva4
Last edited by perkar on Mar 2, 2015, 10:13:15 PM
Heya Perkar and other Spin2Win Exiles,

Was just wondering at what lvl did you switch to RF? I'm lvl 65 atm but cant quite sustain the burn yet.
The only thing I don't like about your build is the lack of chaos resist.

Chaos resist isn't as important in bloodline now thanks to some monster nerfs so I'm really tempted to try this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info