Should Path of Exile be working on the missing male/female models for their respective classes?

No.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
No, it would cost waaaay too much money and I prefer to have more content than male/female class models.
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
yep money, too much.

someone who knows correct me if im wrong, but I think this is a big factor...

right now all the normal/magic/rare body armours, boots and glvoes are not the real artwork, they are stand in artwork. the reason we dont have them is mostly down to how long it takes to 'fit' the ingame armour models to all the different classes, they have to do them 1 by 1 and make sure none of the animations poke through the armours etc. Thats so time consuming with the 7 current player models that 2 years in we still dont even have the proper rare armour artwork in the game and the unique armours are taking their time coming through in dribs and drabs. So not only do they have to animate 7 more chars, but refit every existing bit of armour to those base models, and then that doubles the amount of time it will take to fit all the proper armours that we still dont have because its already so time consuming. From what I can tell thats an unthinkable amount of effort to go through even if every single player in the game wanted them added, before we even go into dialogue, ui changes to select between them, all this other stuff involved.

I dont see that it could ever make sense to add them, this sort of game is endless dev time, we will never be at a point where there isnt more they could be adding than they have the resources to add.

diablo 3 has them right? Well think about the armours in that game. If I put a cindercoat on a barbarian its not its own model, its an existing piece of rare barbarian armour that has been retextured red, if I put it on a crusader its an existing crusader armour retextured red etc etc. They didnt have the time and budget to make an individual piece of art for cindercoat and fit it to every single character. GGG are trying to find the time to have an armour like Kaoms have its own in game art that is the same thing fitted to all the classes, theyre going way above and beyond what blizzard put into their in game art for items, so for GGG to do this means immensely more work than it meant for Blizzard to add gender choice on each class. A cindercoat on my crusader is exactly the same in game model as a Blackthorns Surcoat which is exactly the same model as a Brigandine Coat rare chest armour, they just changed the colour of the texture and said hey, heres your legendary in game art, I know its dogshit but we spent all the money on cgi trailers and youve already paid for the game so fuck you, deal with it.

This game is free to play and theyre not cheaping out on item art, theyre trying to do it properly, as it should be done, and if that means no gender swapping then imo, fine, Id much rather finally see the day when all the proper item art is finished and looks as it should look on the current 7 player models.
Ooo that was a good read Snorkle.
#NeverGoing90
Wow i couldnt be bothered typing that out snorkle but that is what would be involved. ...aka alotta fucking work
RIP Diablo franchise

RIP Bird Lovers of Wraeclast <BLÔW>

Congrats Chris & others for cashing out! I don't blame you. I'll be saving money now... unless I start making a lot more. Can't wait to see if you guys start a new studio in six years! RIP GGG
Urk - something ate my post - or it appeared in some other void.

No synopsis available at this time.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Feb 28, 2015, 12:54:43 AM
No, D2 didnt have gender for a reason. You where the barbarian in D2. Not just a barbarian. And female marauder would just be wrong.
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Waste of time and effort, just because some people don't like playing as a female witch?
Id rather that time and effort spent elsewhere.

Your gonna need new models and animations for everything.
"
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
I find it very problematic that I can't choose the race/ethnicity of my character. The lack of PoC in PoE is very disturbing and should be at the very top of GGG's to-do list. Also, the lack of LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM characters to choose from in Wraeclast is problematic.

lol

Could you spell out that acronym?

lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, flexual, asexual, genderfuck, polyamorous, bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, sadism/masochism.
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
NO, COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info