Should Path of Exile be working on the missing male/female models for their respective classes?

They seem to have real problem with their animation system. Dunno why though. So every little ressource they have is used for further acts /enmies/enviroment and mtx (though they say this is another department, but i don´t find that argument logical anymore).

So implementing something like other genders for the chars, so easy it sounds, seems to be a huge investment for them. Sadly.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Would be cool but this is bottom of the list wish compared to lots of other stuff the game needs
i <3 minesweeper
Last edited by Runeword on Feb 27, 2015, 5:47:03 PM
"
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
I find it very problematic that I can't choose the race/ethnicity of my character. The lack of PoC in PoE is very disturbing and should be at the very top of GGG's to-do list. Also, the lack of LGBTTQQFAGPBDSM characters to choose from in Wraeclast is problematic.

lol

Could you spell out that acronym?

#NeverGoing90
Another idea came up: What about if we could disconnect the class model with the starting point in the passive tree?

Basically pick the witch model as the str/dex start. That could be unlockable after you beat a 77 map and/or have a lvl 80 duelist, since we also have the unlock mechanic with the Scion.

That seems to be technically possible and wont cost them the world. I would be for microtransaction but for this idea that seems a bit strange..
IGN: Akimiya
I think I'm the only one would like to see this. Maybe because I'm the kind of players who conceptualize their characters. Call me nerdo if you like, but I have a set of characters with a background story for every online RPG I play, and the lack of diversity of the genders of the classes refrain me to create some of these characters. Sadly, if there's going to be both genders per class, it would be acquirable only through microtransactions, and I can't afford that because of the way the economy in my country works (something already explained in others threads).
Last edited by Samkiud on Feb 27, 2015, 7:19:32 PM
"
"
Samkiud wrote:
I think I'm the only one would like to see this. Maybe because I'm the kind of players who conceptualize their characters. Call me nerdo if you like, but I have a set of characters with a background story for every online RPG I play, and the lack of diversity of the genders of the classes refrain me to create some of these characters. Sadly, if there's going to be both genders per class, it would be acquirable only through microtransactions, and I can't afford that because of the way the economy in my country works (something already explained in others threads).

I do precisely the same. Charan, for a simple example, is a 15 year old character. But each game, I find it fun to see how I can adapt the basic character types into the existing parameters. Thus he's been a Necromancer on D2 (meleemancer), Nightshade on DAoC (stealthy assassin swordy type), NecroWarrior on Guild Wars 1 (debuff melee vampire type), Thief on GW2 (lots of cool teleporting and crits), and a Shadow on PoE (amoral killer with lots of smartarse dialogue).

These are all Charan, to some degree.

Now PoE has MORE flexibility in this regard than almost any other ARPG not because it lacks gender selection, but because you can fairly easily invade other starting areas. Only min/maxers would be annoyed by the drop in efficiency there, and virtually no thematic player I've met has also been a min/maxer.

I have 44 characters. Over half are thematic carryovers from other games, other contexts.

Yup, you pretty much understand the issue, and I'm a very OCD thematic player when it comes to create my characters. Unfortunately for me, the way to solve it when the game doesn't have the flexibility you expect in the character creation is to make more flexible the vision of your characters, because the starting point here is the aesthetic, and the comes the gameplay.

One of the main characters in my set is a summoner, but is a male, and as you pointed out, I can create a Templar summoner, for example, but that wouldn't be so efficient as a Witch, and that's something that... mortifies me.
"
"
Samkiud wrote:

One of the main characters in my set is a summoner, but is a male, and as you pointed out, I can create a Templar summoner, for example, but that wouldn't be so efficient as a Witch, and that's something that... mortifies me.

But, a male witch is a Warlock anyway, and I don't think females are allowed in the fraternity of the Templars

Could be wrong though, this is 2015

You forgot about this one:

In this case, it doesn't matter if it's a Templar or a Witcher, I just want it to be a male (the name is tied to the gender).

"
Contrary to popular belief, parameters and limitations encourage creativity, not stifle it. Why? Because they force you to make the best of what you've got. This is why a *really* well written 1000 word story takes a lot more craft and skill than a 100k word epic, if not necessarily more time.

You're totally right.
Last edited by Samkiud on Feb 27, 2015, 7:40:28 PM
This is a luxury that I dont think should ever be worked before act 10, if ever.

I dont think it would ever make money either, it would be just a tremendous money sink to appease a small group of people with dubious interest in the game itself.

Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 27, 2015, 10:03:11 PM
This is one of the cases where having a modding community would make things much easier.

I do like the idea of having the missing models added to the game, but as Chris pointed out it would take them quite a bit of time. And most likely that amount of time would be better used elsewhere.

If I were to choose between the missing character models or Performance/desync improvements, I'd go with the latter.

But if I were to choose between a bunch of new cosmetic items or the character models, I'd go with the models. The problem would probably be, that the character models would still take waaay more time due to all the different animations for each individual skill for each of the 7 new character models.

Currently there are a bit more than 100 individual (excluding vaal) skills. I think Auras/Heralds, Curses and Totems have each only one animation. I'm not sure whether bow skills each have their individual animation. If I'd have to guess I'd say that some of the other spells use similar animations.
But in the end there are still quite a bit of different animations that would have to be remade for another 7 times.

And then there would also be the whole voice-acting. Wouldn't you think that it's weird to have your female Duelist say “It's nice not to be dead yet.” with the original male voice? o.O

Still voted for adding the models as a microtransaction. Because I would most likely buy them and if there is enough People interested in it, then it might still be worth the time for GGG.
NO
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info