Should Path of Exile be working on the missing male/female models for their respective classes?

"
Chris wrote:
Are you planning on introducing the missing male/female models for their respective classes any time?

It's incredibly expensive (so many animations required), so if we did this it'd have to be as a microtransaction. We don't believe there's enough interest in alternate-sex skins to justify that microtransaction yet.

Chris said that there is not enough interest - is that really true?

I would love to have a female version for Duelist or Maurauder, especially since I don't like their models.

Made a Straw Poll if anybody interested and feel free to argue here. =)

http://strawpoll.me/3745822

Another idea came up: What about if we could disconnect the class model with the starting point in the passive tree?

Basically pick the witch model as the str/dex start. That could be unlockable after you beat a 77 map and/or have a lvl 80 duelist, since we also have the unlock mechanic with the Scion.

That seems to be technically possible and wont cost them the world. I would be for microtransaction but for this idea that seems a bit strange..
IGN: Akimiya
Last edited by Akimiya on Feb 28, 2015, 5:46:16 AM
The way I see characters in this game is that you arent playing a generic hero in which you project on or modify , rather you play your take of a specific character that happens to be in the story.

it is like playing geralt in the witcher series, you arent playing a witcher that can be any sex , no you are playing your take on the story of geralt the witcher. In that case him being only male is an intended element critical to the character.

the same is true here and there are plenty of lines of dialogue spoken by each class in the game that would probably have completely different meanings if the context changes like say they were a different sex or a different age etc.

it is a larger stretch to be sure, and I am sure alternate character sex's would work given investment.

this also why i did not really care that diablo 2 had mono sex characters nor did i really care that diablo 3 did have both sex's for the characters... then again diablo 3 was a hell of alot more generic and crowd pleasing from the ground up.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 27, 2015, 12:06:23 PM
I understand your point with the Witcher series but PoE has (as much I've followed the story) few direct references to the character/class you are playing and no to the gender. I was just about to mention Diablo 3, which in regards of dialogue is very similar to PoE and they did manage to implement both sex's for the characters.
IGN: Akimiya
I couldn't care less, I barely even see the gender under all the armour.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Akimiya wrote:
I understand your point with the Witcher series but PoE has (as much I've followed the story) few direct references to the character/class you are playing and no to the gender. I was just about to mention Diablo 3, which in regards of dialogue is very similar to PoE and they did manage to implement both sex's for the characters.

So here is one situation where it is just a 100% clear advantage to Blizzard. There's no ingenuity or design involved here. It is purely a time/workload/money issue. It isn't even just a current issue, because they will perpetually have to add dialogue and animation to the game.

There's just no way for GGG to pull this off without the MTX being damn expensive.
Yep, some things are purely about the money. Chris also talked about how he would like to implement shape shifting skills but it's just too expensive to animate everything.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Are they missing?
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
GGG probably have good stats by now of how many people are buying the really expensive mtx. So my guess, too is that "not enough interest" means "not enough interest by people willing to pay $$$ to cover the costs".
yeah i kind of always wanted to play a bow guy that dident look like ellen degeneres lol

but i figure GGG has better stuff to do with their resources
I dont see any any key!
I need a male Scion and female templar... riiiight
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info