New PC! Whole other game now!

"
I had the exact same experience when i tried the game on my brother's pc. Totally different game, i was so amazed of the game that i actually almost ripped with my HC characters cause i couldnt pay attention to things that mattered. The explosions, the shaking screen, the sounds, the fps, the loading times everything was so smooth and perfectly working that i was entranced.

Unfortunately i couldnt get used to it and im back on my laptop where everything is fucked up but im used to it ....

Thank you for this :)

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
i7 is useless, high speed internet too. All you need is low ping and an i5.

I dont think i would go so far as to say those things are useless but they are over kill!
You certainly dont have to have those to run the game like this but it more than insures it!
I went for over kill so im not pushing my system hard and never have to worry with overheating issues!

Try googling i5 vs i7 benchmarks. It --LITERALLY-- makes on difference. i7 doesn't give more FPS on ANY game. Do you actually know what i7 does?! Gaming doesn't make any use of hyperthreading.

Last edited by glh5 on Mar 1, 2015, 5:35:03 AM
Dont care... still better than AMD! :)

Oh and BTW i just noticed... my i7 is 1 point better from the looks of this chart! :P
But i see your point... for what it is and what it does there is very VERY little difference for sure ill give you that!
Didnt realize it was that small of a difference either! very marginal if any noticeable at all!

EDIT: After looking up this as you said you are quite correct for sure.. in fact the slowest i7 is going to be substantially slower than the fastest i5 which means the technology is simply overlapping i7 is still a newer hardware with much room to improve but as far performance goes you are correct a very fast i5 is just as good and in cases with some laptops.. better!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 3, 2015, 7:48:44 AM
"
glh5 wrote:
Gaming doesn't make any use of hyperthreading.

usually true, but false as a general statement.
games are software.
some software is written with multiple cores and threads in mind, and some isn't.
and in any case, a modern Operating System allows full usage of a modern CPU, for those who require it.

@Demonoz, didn't AMD come up with a built-in GPU?
I wouldn't rule them out so quickly, if that's the case.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Mar 2, 2015, 2:16:03 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
glh5 wrote:
Gaming doesn't make any use of hyperthreading.

usually true, but false as a general statement.
games are software.
some software is written with multiple cores and threads in mind, and some isn't.
and in any case, a modern Operating System allows full usage of a modern CPU, for those who require it.

@Demonoz, didn't AMD come up with a built-in GPU?
I wouldn't rule them out so quickly, if that's the case.

Yeah and the last one i had i hated it! didnt help that it was a laptop either but ive just had bad exp with AMD stuff in recent years is all! Im sure some of the higher end stuff is alot better but i personally have had some shitty experiences with AMD lately!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Mar 2, 2015, 2:38:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info