New PC! Whole other game now!

So for the past few months ive been playing now ive been scraping by on a laptop that after optimizing it strictly for gaming still very much struggled to run the game without severe lag and frame rate drops!
Hell the first month or 2 the client would even crash every 30 mins or so till i quit using fullscreen mode and such!
So yesterday i finally got a PC more than capable of not only running the game well but running the game PREFECT on the MAX settings this game has to offer!
First off the shadows in this game are amazing! i really cant believe just how good they look once you have them on and the game itself looks amazing as well!
Not only that but things like Atziri and 78 Pack size maps were such an extreme challenge to do on my old machine! hell i barely had a 50% clear rate of Atziri on 6 ports! the lag from killing 2 of the trio would drop my frame rate in the single digits! Atziri's double FB would lock my computer for a second!
Last night i embarked on a run.... i had one death from Atziri herself in which i just got myself into a bad position with nowhere to go! other wise i would have did my first deathless!
I never realized just how important the performance of this game is till now!
Running on a PC in which has no issue whats so ever running the game the way it should be run actually feels like a DPS as well as defense upgrade! i literally do more damage and kill everything much faster and in turn take way less damage than on my old machine!
I was quite surprised how much a good machine makes a difference in the game play itself like that!
I figured the game would be much more fun to play in a state it was ment to be played in but i didnt count on it making that much of a difference!
Even Desync seems to be less to some extent with a better machine running the game now!
Things that normally desync me seem to not happen near as often and even when i do desync it seems to fix itself much more quickly as well! Its to the point i feel pretty safe now in really buckleing down in HC and see just how far i can take a HC character now fially!
Very happy ATM with the game now that i can actually enjoy the game with others too because as you could imagine since i was having such issues in solo play... group play was simply impossible for me before!
Im also very impressed with the textures and quality of the look of the game as well as the detail put into the game i never was able to see on my old machine!
Time to go have at some more fun now that the game is actually enjoyable now for me!
Just wanted to share with my fellow exiles my exp with a new machine and just how well this game actually performs if you are running on a capable machine! Even desync becomes less of an issue than before (Although it has in not completely fixed it... its still there make no mistake its just much more manageable!)
Im just glad i can finally enjoy the game as i wish... all the things ive wanted to do but been gated by a poor PC like a COC build, A summoner build, play in groups, or anything that will make the game play unstable i can finally do without having to worry about problems!

GGG really has put alot into this game much more than i ever imagined! However not everyone can afford a machine like the ones needed to run the game this way so maybe GGG could work on more options to make the game run smoother on older less capable machines since it DOES make such a huge difference if you are having problems with the game because of the PC your on! Im still stunned as to just how much of a difference a good machine makes in the game play! \m/
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 27, 2015, 9:46:59 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have the opposite experience. Unlike you I always knew that a game needs the right PC properties to run smoothly. And that game running on a calculator wouldnt be enjoyable.

Grats on the new PC though
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Whats your rig?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
pls resbond i need to know
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Demonoz wrote:
So for the past few months ive been playing now ive been scraping by on a laptop that after optimizing it strictly for gaming still very much struggled to run the game without severe lag and frame rate drops!
Hell the first month or 2 the client would even crash every 30 mins or so till i quit using fullscreen mode and such!
So yesterday i finally got a PC more than capable of not only running the game well but running the game PREFECT on the MAX settings this game has to offer!
First off the shadows in this game are amazing! i really cant believe just how good they look once you have them on and the game itself looks amazing as well!
Not only that but things like Atziri and 78 Pack size maps were such an extreme challenge to do on my old machine! hell i barely had a 50% clear rate of Atziri on 6 ports! the lag from killing 2 of the trio would drop my frame rate in the single digits! Atziri's double FB would lock my computer for a second!
Last night i embarked on a run.... i had one death from Atziri herself in which i just got myself into a bad position with nowhere to go! other wise i would have did my first deathless!
I never realized just how important the performance of this game is till now!
Running on a PC in which has no issue whats so ever running the game the way it should be run actually feels like a DPS as well as defense upgrade! i literally do more damage and kill everything much faster and in turn take way less damage than on my old machine!
I was quite surprised how much a good machine makes a difference in the game play itself like that!
I figured the game would be much more fun to play in a state it was ment to be played in but i didnt count on it making that much of a difference!
Even Desync seems to be less to some extent with a better machine running the game now!
Things that normally desync me seem to not happen near as often and even when i do desync it seems to fix itself much more quickly as well! Its to the point i feel pretty safe now in really buckleing down in HC and see just how far i can take a HC character now fially!
Very happy ATM with the game now that i can actually enjoy the game with others too because as you could imagine since i was having such issues in solo play... group play was simply impossible for me before!
Im also very impressed with the textures and quality of the look of the game as well as the detail put into the game i never was able to see on my old machine!
Time to go have at some more fun now that the game is actually enjoyable now for me!
Just wanted to share with my fellow exiles my exp with a new machine and just how well this game actually performs if you are running on a capable machine! Even desync becomes less of an issue than before (Although it has in not completely fixed it... its still there make no mistake its just much more manageable!)
Im just glad i can finally enjoy the game as i wish... all the things ive wanted to do but been gated by a poor PC like a COC build, A summoner build, play in groups, or anything that will make the game play unstable i can finally do without having to worry about problems!

GGG really has put alot into this game much more than i ever imagined! However not everyone can afford a machine like the ones needed to run the game this way so maybe GGG could work on more options to make the game run smoother on older less capable machines since it DOES make such a huge difference if you are having problems with the game because of the PC your on! Im still stunned as to just how much of a difference a good machine makes in the game play! \m/
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! GGG won't admit u need a top of the line rig with ultra high speed internet. For the ones that can keep a secret - get ssd, 2gb video, 12gb ram, I7.
i7 is useless, high speed internet too. All you need is low ping and an i5.
I had the exact same experience when i tried the game on my brother's pc. Totally different game, i was so amazed of the game that i actually almost ripped with my HC characters cause i couldnt pay attention to things that mattered. The explosions, the shaking screen, the sounds, the fps, the loading times everything was so smooth and perfectly working that i was entranced.

Unfortunately i couldnt get used to it and im back on my laptop where everything is fucked up but im used to it ....
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
@Xavderion

I got one of the ASUS M53A (i think ill have to double check) Desktop!
The specs are 3.6ghz dual quad core(intel core i7). 16G ram.(upgradeable to 32) GTX760 3G video!(after the 1 year goes out eventually id like to go with a GTX980 but the 760 is still very impressinve and more than enough!)
Even Mojiner builds and opening lockboxes with rouge exiles does nothing to me now!
It certainly makes the game much MUCH more enjoyable for sure!
The best part is buying this rig was accually cheaper than buying everything i got and building it custom so im pretty happy with it! The fact i can get that performance on max settings was the best part! The shadows and detail in this game is pretty damn good! Desync is still there to some extent unfortunately but the new rig did make it better! it doesnt seem to be as bad as before but i think desync is more of an issue with certain skills and such anyway! the best top of the line of the market today and T-1 internet wont take desync away i think thats just something GGG will have to work on over time!
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 28, 2015, 8:13:09 PM
"
I had the exact same experience when i tried the game on my brother's pc. Totally different game, i was so amazed of the game that i actually almost ripped with my HC characters cause i couldnt pay attention to things that mattered. The explosions, the shaking screen, the sounds, the fps, the loading times everything was so smooth and perfectly working that i was entranced.

Unfortunately i couldnt get used to it and im back on my laptop where everything is fucked up but im used to it ....

That screen shake shit was the FIRST thing that had to go! LOL
I thought something was wrong with my system at first then i checked and that was on!
Not sure what its suppose to do to enhance the game but all it was gonna do for me is give me a headache! maybe if i didnt do it so much with almost every action you make it wouldnt be so bad!
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 28, 2015, 7:59:39 PM
"
glh5 wrote:
i7 is useless, high speed internet too. All you need is low ping and an i5.

I dont think i would go so far as to say those things are useless but they are over kill!
You certainly dont have to have those to run the game like this but it more than insures it!
I went for over kill so im not pushing my system hard and never have to worry with overheating issues!
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 28, 2015, 8:09:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info