Poll: What would you prefer as a nerf to crit mechanic?

Crit is fine as it is.They just neeed to buff non crit builds a little bit.
Why is this thread not locked yet? We all agreed that crit does not require a nerf.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
50 CC 500 CD caps takes care of most issues brought up in this thread.

Harder to instant charge flasks
harder to place status effects
harder to down abyss boss' before they can react and do anything because DPS will be halved.

That said there is something special about getting a crit build well tuned to do all those things above. Like need high level, in the 90s and good gearing usually which is hard fought so I don't think crit needs anymore nerfs.

Crits been nerfed like last 3-4 major patch already

I thought prolif was on everyones shit list this month not crit?
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 4, 2015, 2:31:37 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
50 CC 500 CD caps takes care of most issues brought up in this thread.

Harder to instant charge flasks
harder to place status effects
harder to down abyss boss' before they can react and do anything because DPS will be halved.

That said there is something special about getting a crit build well tuned to do all those things above. Like need high level, in the 90s and good gearing usually which is hard fought so I don't think crit needs anymore nerfs.

Crits been nerfed like last 3-4 major patch already

I thought prolif was on everyones shit list this month not crit?

uh... not really. It tones down issues, but that doesn't mean it puts them into a reasonable state.

Harder to instant charge flasks? Still far easier than charging non-surgeon's flasks, even those with increased charge recovery. And still providing a way to charge flasks without kills, which also can't be done without crits (aside from the shitty avenger affix).

Harder to place status effects? Still much easier to place them with crit than doing so with non-crit %chance passives and gear and bonuses, plus there's more damage through placing them with crit meaning the status effects from crits are more potent too.

Harder to down bosses? 50% crit chance + 500% crit multiplier is still tripling your pre-crit damage on average, which far exceeds the potential of most non-crit outputs even though their pre-crit damage is generally a bit higher. It's fine for crit to be the highest dps option, but the extent to which it is right now is ridiculous.

And number of nerfs means nothing. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter if crit's been nerfed every single patch for the last 3 years, if it's still overpowered it still deserves to be nerfed until it's balanced.
NO nerfs...
top 3 forum topics:

*fix desync
*nerf crit
*why we need SFL

sigh....
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Where is the "No nerf is needed" option? Crit got nerfed every single patch, it already reached a point where it is balanced, considering the opportunity costs that you have to invest into passive points + gear mods.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
"
candoerfer wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Where is the "No nerf is needed" option? Crit got nerfed every single patch, it already reached a point where it is balanced, considering the opportunity costs that you have to invest into passive points + gear mods.

If you are looking for a real discussion or unbiased poll on the matter, I'm afraid you have come to the wrong place.
It is critical that the critical strike mechanism stays unnerfed.
Last edited by Big_Ben87 on Mar 5, 2015, 5:02:27 PM
nerf surgical mod on flask
single most op thing about crit builds
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1136268
For the love of dogs: view-thread/1197708

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info