Poll: What would you prefer as a nerf to crit mechanic?

I was going to vote "ban sexcalibur from strawpoll" but he had an option I actually agree with >.>

Divorce automatic ailments from critical strikes--only as part of my ideal crit mechanic. More spefically, replace automatic ailments with an additional +n% chance to [ailment] (n=10%?).

As well as give weapons (maybe spells) their own base crit multi, and re-balance (likely buffs) a few other things around these changes.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
High budget Crit builds are OP? No shit Sherlock. Good crit builds need a huge amount of currency put into it. Furthermore you have to have a high level to make it really OP otherwize you would lack tons of survivability.

I think ppl QQing about crit just cannot afford the gear needed.
Add "You can't be crit" to RT. There, now non-crit is as good as crit, trading damage for defense.
I'd like to see them remove surgeon's flasks. Mostly because coupling bonus damage with huge defense buffs is conceptually busted, but also because it enables flask generation in scenarios in which nobody else gets a refill.

Investing a bunch of skill points and item affixes to boost your damage is fine. That same investment providing massive resists and status immunity is where things start to feel lopsided.
The flask issue is honestly the only major discrepency between crit and non-crit, everything else can be dealt with in other ways. Instead of doing something with surgeons, I'd rather they put some nodes behind rt or something that give flask charges on hit or something along those lines, or something to fix the flask problem.
Crit should be nerfed more
I think the biggest issue with most of the crit builds is the fact that there are no real drawbacks to it if you build around it.

Purity of X, Life Leech gem and Vaal Pact will make every elemental crit build (almost) reflect immune.
Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics will make every projectile based crit build (almost) reflect immune.
Both while having a sustainable dps that ends up scaling a lot better than non-crit builds.

Basically, crit gets all the benefits without much of the drawbacks and it scales incredibly.

In my opinion, crit should be a tool to reliably apply status effects with a moderate increase to damage but the increased damage should have a drawback (eg. reflect).

I find that both crit chance and crit multiplier are way too high.
Doing 6x damage with a chance around 60-90% is a joke when compared to a non-crit build having around 400-500% increased damage.

I'm thinking along the lines of the "classic" 1-handed vs. 2-handed flavors.

2-handed (-> crit) hits hard but the dps is more "spiky", thus a higher chance to kill yourself.
1-handed (-> non-crit) has a "flatter" dps curve, reflect is lower and more constant thus easier to counter.

I'm not saying crit-based builds are evil and need to be nerfed to hell, I'd just like more variety when it comes to builds. I just think it sucks that you clear x% slower just because you're opting to go for non-crit instead of crit.

I'm sure GGG has something up their sleeves :D

Edit: For those complaining about costs, last league my gear consisted of:
- Maligaro's Virtuosity (around 1-2ex)
- 2x spell crit daggers (around 1-2ex for a decent pair)
- 5L Carcass Jack (2-2.5ex, I had a 6L but used the last link for rarity :>)
- Random rares (around 1ex in total because I'm cheap, amulet with crit multiplier was the only real dps boost)

That's about ~5ex for gear that gave me about 85k tooltip dps on my Lightning Tendrils which was enough to faceroll most endgame maps. You can also get cheaper gear which will still end up doing more DPS than if you've opted for a non-crit tendrils build.
Who said crit needs nerf?
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Nothing. Was nerfed so many times that it's not fun anymore. Any further nerf would make it useless, could just remove it altogether. No matter how much they nerf it , someone will cry again, that crit is too stronk (which is the whole point of crit in the first place).

Get over it.
IGN: Perpetual_War / Malacath_
"
rockmassif wrote:
Who said crit needs nerf?

All of these whiners the fuck lol

Imo these jabroni's should just eat icecream and stop crying about crit that's my opinion.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info