Poll: What would you prefer as a nerf to crit mechanic?

Be it a nerf or a buff, either:

1)Being able to gain flask charges without the need of killing anything is op. Told by lots of ppl on this very forums... It gives the chance of always up time for flasks but for few select builds (or majority atm :P) and gives major advantage at hairy boss fights.
Bring new flask mechanics for rt users, summoners, other builds that i cant name atm.
(for ex: every non crit hit brings flask charges for RT users :P)

2)If crit is better at appliying status effects (and i think it is), whats the point of stacking status effect specific nodes and gear, makes those subpar etc...

I'm in for both nerf or buffs but these 2 contradictions needs to solved imo.
If these 2 to be changed and if crit becomes suboptimal-weak, then crit multi and chance can be buffed up to compensate.

Edit: btw i'm against heavy reliance for flasks, under any condition flasks must be helpfull- complementary, not necessary, as its nowadays.
Last edited by Tiandal on Feb 27, 2015, 1:49:56 PM
"
Millacus wrote:

As long as they buff the enemies too >.>

Nice

+1 buff everything except crit, monsters included.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Crit resistant or immune monster affix, or specific monsters. Man that could suck balls as a crit build :P
"
Boem wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:

Nice

Peace,

-Boem-
because its easier to buff "Everything else" than nerf 1 single thing

efficiency genius
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 27, 2015, 2:09:56 PM
^more aiming at the game becoming a game again at high levels instead of a one button spammer followed by inventory tetris.

Where fitting in that one additional rare before going to town is about as challenging as an encounter is gonna get.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

efficiency geniuses

Take a chill pill. Or make a straw-poll to release the tension or something. It's perfectly obvious GGG is NOT gonna use this thread when they are making design decisions.

This thread ain't serious, anything in it is also irrelevant and not serious. Just "opinions" from players without data to back up there claims.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 27, 2015, 2:04:51 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:

Nice

Peace,

-Boem-

efficiency geniuses

That was my point, nerf the couple things that needs fixing rather than buff very numerous things. That is why the ">.>" was added to the end of the post.
"
Boem wrote:
^more aiming at the game becoming a game again at high levels instead of a one button spammer followed by inventory tetris.

Where fitting in that one additional rare before going to town is about as challenging as an encounter is gonna get.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

"
Sexcalibure wrote:

efficiency geniuses

Take a chill pill. Or make a straw-poll to release the tension or something. It's perfectly obvious GGG is NOT gonna use this thread when they are making design decisions.

This thread ain't serious, anything in it is also irrelevant and not serious. Just "opinions" from players without data to back up there claims.
since GGG doesnt share its data, i find it with what i have

just typing Atziri build on youtube give that

out of 10 builds:

-7 were crit
-1 was not crit by choice
-2 were not crit by mechanic

http://strawpoll.me/2870050/r
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Feb 27, 2015, 2:34:10 PM
I think current crit damage is fine.

Surgeon's flasks are rather broken, with specific builds.
For example, if you're running crit GMP Freeze pulse, you can get potentially 5 charges per cast.

I think a good change would be to limit the charges gained to 1 per cast/attack.

So 1 charge per spectral toss, instead of per spectral crit. 1 charge per CoC spell, rather than 5. Etc.

This would nerf the 100% flask uptime crit builds without hurting the crit builds that recharge the flasks more slowly.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:

Nice

Peace,

-Boem-

efficiency genius

So instead of buffing what needs to be buffed, your solution is to have every build feel as miserable as that other subpar build...

People like you, and your constant outcries is what makes this communinty so unbearable for normal people.

Normal reaction:
That build does x incredibly efficient, even if my build tries to do x as efficiently it wont do as well, because mechanics favour that build. I should try to do everything in my power to get my build in the same efficiency class as "whatever other build".

Your reaction:
I have build "b", but build "a" is more efficient as me at it, at the same commitment. BURN THE WITCH! PUT HER TO THE STAKE! If she has family, burn her as well, if she has a dog, burn it! I dont give a fuck about me beeing as good as she is, as long as she SUFFERS! LETS RAPE THAT DOG!

get.over.yourself.
Last edited by Cataca on Feb 28, 2015, 12:03:26 AM
"
medder666 wrote:
Most of the time, when I read "xy is OP, pls nerf", what I understand is "if I cannot do this, noone should have fun with it".

Lol, pretty much.

Anyway, awful poll. Answer is "none of the above" (insert picture of Monty Brewster here).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info