Poll: What would you prefer as a nerf to crit mechanic?

"
h4llowerner wrote:
nice thread. 20 more crit nerf threads and its removed from the game. gl
Omg, it would be so perfect!!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
I have to agree crit builds are strong but crit is luxory!As someone who have played lots of crit builds i can say that you getting rekt by reflect monsters, yes you can get some defensive against it with Acuity but oh wait.... it cost 1-2 months of farming currency (after the nerf its not that good).
People that play less than 2 hours weekly and cant afford crit items or reach above level 80 shouldnt create threads about crit or any build. :^)

Build better. Reflect is not hard to deal with if you plan correctly. Everything except lightning spells/melee has very effective ways to manage reflect.
"
"
I have to agree crit builds are strong but crit is luxory!As someone who have played lots of crit builds i can say that you getting rekt by reflect monsters, yes you can get some defensive against it with Acuity but oh wait.... it cost 1-2 months of farming currency (after the nerf its not that good).
People that play less than 2 hours weekly and cant afford crit items or reach above level 80 shouldnt create threads about crit or any build. :^)

Build better. Reflect is not hard to deal with if you plan correctly. Everything except lightning spells/melee has very effective ways to manage reflect.
for fun, i typed Atziri build on youtube

picked the 10 first different build that poped

out of 10
8 were crit oriented

what were the 2 other?

RF and facebreaker

2 build that cannot crit lol
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

I would prefer there was no nerf to stats , but rather a flat cap for both multi and chance. that way you don't gimp more passive nodes and items.

if we add diminishing returns there will still be people able to stack enough for this to be an issue.

but if we have a firm cap to both ggg is free to balance skills with knowledge of exactly how far crit can go.

after all the whole reason why people are complaining about crit right now is specifically because of how ridiculous it is when crit multi and chance are stacked to high levels

an interesting benefit to adding a cap is that it allows players to choose how to get to the cap , either by passives , gems , items or a combination .

unfortunately, the cap would need to be carefully thought out since things start to go ape shit once you get above 50% chance and 300 multi.

"
k1rage wrote:
Dont nerf crit, buff other stuff to close the gap

so make the game easy for everyone? that doesn't sound sustainable
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 27, 2015, 12:16:40 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

I would prefer there was no nerf to stats , but rather a flat cap for both multi and chance. that way you don't gimp more passive nodes and items.

if we add diminishing returns there will still be people able to stack enough for this to be an issue.

but if we have a firm cap to both ggg is free to balance skills with knowledge of exactly how far crit can go.

after all the whole reason why people are complaining about crit right now is specifically because of how ridiculous it is when crit multi and chance are stacked to high levels

an interesting benefit to adding a cap is that it allows players to choose how to get to the cap , either by passives , gems , items or a combination .

unfortunately, the cap would need to be carefully thought out since things start to go ape shit once you get above 50% chance and 300 multi.

"
k1rage wrote:
Dont nerf crit, buff other stuff to close the gap

so make the game easy for everyone? that doesn't sound sustainable

so why should the game be easy for just crit folks lol?
I dont see any any key!
Only thing I have to say...

"Don't nerf me bro"
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

GGG promised us a game with a wide diversity of builds and a competitive game

Crit is master race and other builds are mostly shit compared to it

not everybody is a selfish millennial generation kid that wants instant and optimal power NOW

You condradicted yoruself so hard there, im suprised your head didnt explode. You say you are not part of the instant gratification group, yet cry to GGG to make something you dont play as viable (or unviable) as what you play.

Apart from that, i agree, everything should be viable, but why not just buff the other stuff, instead of crying for nerfs like a bloodthirsty mob trying to lynch someone.

"
Cataca wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

not everybody is a selfish millennial generation kid that wants instant and optimal power NOW

You condradicted yoruself so hard there, im suprised your head didnt explode. You say you are not part of the instant gratification group, yet cry to GGG to make something you dont play as viable (or unviable) as what you play.

Apart from that, i agree, everything should be viable, but why not just buff the other stuff, instead of crying for nerfs like a bloodthirsty mob trying to lynch someone.

exactly my good man the solution is to buff not nerf!
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

exactly my good man the solution is to buff not nerf!

As long as they buff the enemies too >.>
Ehm none of the mentioned changes in the poll if they stand alone. It is not that simple. It depends on many other factors.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info