When will GGG make the leagues people have been waiting for since closed beta?

Hiya, This is very serious topic, by a not so serious writer, so bear with me.

First, a little story, you could skip it, it won't make that much of a difference...

I've played this game since late February, early March 2012 and followed most of what's been happening to the game since September 2011. A friend of mine told me about this awesome game that was in closed beta and said we should sign up for the random key giveaway that they were having. Said and done, we signed, played with the passive skill tree for a few months and read everything about the game we could find in the forums and on the site.
A few things really made us want the game even more.
1. Hardcore leagues.
The concept was awesome and really would really make the game more interesting and it was really gonna make you play more careful, but at the same time you would feel the adrenaline rush and closeness to your character.
I'm very glad that this is 50% of the leagues, and that they keep making leagues with hardcore.

2. Cut-throat leagues.
Invade other peoples zones and kill them? loot their stuff? Awesome!
This actually made it to a few short term leagues. With short I mean a few hours, maybe a day or so.
This is something that A LOT of people are asking for now. There are(and have been) tons of threads about these leagues and people are going so far as to wanting to start a kickstarter project to pay GGG to make this into a permanent league. That says a lot about how much the community wants this league.

3. Iron Man leagues.
This league is less commonly asked for.
The Iron Man, as it STILL says on the leagues section of this website, is a mode that would make tons of thing worth more, and less than they currently are. It would also encourage more player-to-player interaction and making friends to save as much as you can, while having a great time with likeminded people.

Side-note:
Attrition, I believe, would be a better way for races to go about, or at least an addition to the current races. It would make elimination harder to avoid and would force you to go all in, or go home.

Please GGG, can you at least take a look at Cut-Throat and Iron Man? Since you've sortof advertised for it on your website for over 3½ years and the community are going to extensive lengths to get at least Cut-Throat as a permanent league.
Roses are buckets,
violets are cars.
this poem doesn't make sense.
Panda.
what's an Iron Man League?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Iron Man sounds fun :)

But cut-throat league main problem is alt F4 imo. I think that is where every discussion stops. If they would prevent alt F4 somehow, people would cry to import it into hardcore leagues, and atm hardcore leagues cant exist without it because of technical issues.

So yea, Cut-throat is not gonna happen anytime soon :)
Last edited by BoondockSaint on Feb 27, 2015, 8:56:59 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

Ironman

In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

Ironman

In Ironman, players are unable to trade with vendors or refill their flasks in town. Mana regeneration is disabled by default. Players are encouraged to band together and manage their resources in order to survive.

sounds like ultimate "trade and party FTW" league to me.
GG.

and... nope.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I think their experiments with Cut-throat proved to be largely unsuccessful.
I dont think they will ever make those leagues, perhaps short term races but not leagues
I dont see any any key!
Isn't ironman just the famine race mod then?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info