After so Many Nerfs and No Buffs This Is What PoE Will Become

Meta taking over.
D3 is actually going the ''well buff this instead to try and compete with others'' literally the last patch had no nerfs just plain buffs.

Shit game still sure but least there sense of ''nurf'' is slightly going away.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
So the character under the shiny light must be next for that nerf. It looks like it is clearly getting a lot of attention, so to remedy that, a nerf is a must here. /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
So the character under the shiny light must be next for that nerf. It looks like it is clearly getting a lot of attention, so to remedy that, a nerf is a must here. /sarcasm

You got the point.
"
D3 is actually going the ''well buff this instead to try and compete with others'' literally the last patch had no nerfs just plain buffs.

Shit game still sure but least there sense of ''nurf'' is slightly going away.

You mean after they wrecked all build diversity that game had? That doesnt seem overly hard.
The status effect buff for flasks was huge, are we all just pretending that didn't happen?
Last edited by FunkyFritter on Feb 27, 2015, 3:05:25 AM
Just keep in mind that, it's what the "players" want...when they cry nerf x because, there is no build diversity, ranged> melee, crit QQ etc, "ballance" etc.

They should do a temp league taking this point and running with it, dumbed down skill tree with noithing on it, gear with base stats only, skills only doing 1 damage, no aoe, ranged no better than melee.

The QQ would be through the roof but maybe they'll manage to shut people up when it comes to the other stuff.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
ranged> melee, crit QQ etc, "ballance" etc.

Sorry but i can personally confirm this is true, because i've mostly played melee builds for years, and sometimes i made a ranged build and every time i had easy time compared to melee. With the same or worse dps i can clear maps faster than melee, i can have greater survivability by manually dodging everything even if i have almost half the hp as my melee got, not to mention that i can survive with below maximum resistance because of this, while melee will die in a sec. All the oneshot mechanics, the rare mods are almost exclusively anti-melee. And while i heavily invested on hp nodes and hp/resist gear on my melee char to even stand a chance my coc build going fine in a tabula rasa, with all those crit/mf gear and clearing maps faster than my melee ever will.

So yeah, imo there is a big problem with melee/ranged balance.

EDIT:
An interesting side note to the rare mods:
The most feared mods are corrupting blood, and reflects. I will tell you why: these are actually well designed, except that corrupting blood doesn't have a visual indicator yet, until you get the charges. Why? Because they proc when you hit the monster, and not when you get hit. All other mods can easily avoided by not getting hit by that monstar and that gives a great advantage of not being melee.

I take my time to make a list of the nemesis mods and how i think they would balanced:
-Berserker
On low life gains Fury (increases attack speed, increased movement speed, increased cast speed ... maybe more?) and Flicker Strikes to the target.

-Blessing of Elements (requires monster level 25)
Randomly chills/ignites/shocks on getting hit.

-Bringer of Bones (requires monster level 15)
Randomly casts Summon Skeletons, with instant cast speed on target. Skeletons will not decay over time like regular ones.

-Bringer of Fragility
Curses targets with Vulnerability on getting hit.

-Bringer of Weakness (Requires monster level 4)
Curses targets with Enfeeble on getting hit.

-Chronophage (Requires monster level 25)
Curses targets with Temporal Chains on getting hit.

-Corrupting Blood (Requires monster level 40) (fine as is, visual indicator needed to the monster that carry this mod)
Attacker receives one charge of Corrupted Blood per hit, which is a bleeding effect (physical damage over time) that stacks up to 20 charges. The debuff can be removed with Staunching flasks. You can avoid the damage to your character by using minions, traps/mines or totems.

-Fractured
Spawns 8-12 lesser clone mobs around the killer upon death.

-Hexfont (Requires monster level 15) (fine)
Casts random curses every half second (estimated), with instant cast speed. You cannot be inflicted with more than one curse at the same time.

-Inner Treasure (Requires monster level 40) (can't say anything, would love to see other items than lvl1 trash unique)
Always drops a unique item on death.

-Nullifier (Requires monster level 25)
Removes charges and flask effects on getting hit (and timed buffs like Blood Rage? confirmation needed).

-Proximity Shield (Requires monster level 40) (now this is actually a good one)
Can only be damaged by hits originating from inside the shield.

-Shroud Walker (Requires monster level 40) (this one too)
Periodically teleports to you via Smoke Mine, including the mine's blinding smoke effect.

-Soul Conduit
Resurrects itself and all corpses around the killer upon death, forcing you to fight it again with the same mods (except for Soul Conduit, which is replaced by Apparition). Note: Monsters with no corpses (Water Elementals for example) and corpses destroyed with skills such as Detonate Dead and Raise Zombie will not be resurrected.

-Soul Eater (Requires monster level 15) (fine)
Consumes souls of other nearby monsters upon their death to become stronger. Each soul increases other affixes' effects, e.g. enough soul-fed nemesis with Life Regeneration becomes nearly unkillable due to crazy regen.

-Storm Herald (Requires monster level 60) (fine)
Casts Lightning Storm over the target continuously with a short delay (similar to the spell used by Piety of Theopolis). Multiple Lightning Storms can overlap creating a high risk area.

-Vile Touch (Requires monster level 4)
Applies Poison on hit or getting hit.

-Volatile Flame/Ice/Storm blood (requires monster level 2) (this is plain bad design, and purely anti-melee, making them teleport to target and then explode will be a cheap solution, i think it should be removed or completely redesigned somehow)
Explodes upon death, dealing some (percentage of max life?) damage of the relevant elemental type in a small area of effect.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Feb 27, 2015, 4:48:26 AM
"
FunkyFritter wrote:
The status effect buff for flasks was huge, are we all just pretending that didn't happen?
Yeah, that was a huge... nerf for all non-crit builds.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Nope it will become this

Lol, arent we already there?^^

Cookies for ya. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info