Rules on having two accounts

Good day,

I tried to find an answer to this, but couldn't find one.
Are we allowed to have a second account for trading our stuff from our first one?
So I find a decent item, trade it to my second account and let him stay in a3m and wait for someone to buy the item. Then trade currency back to my first account.
Some people were banned for giving items from one account to another (might have an other reason) so I want to go sure, that this is okay.
IGN: reigNNNNNN
Having two accounts and trading between them is completely allowed.

What is NOT allowed however is to in any way "automate" the second account to do anything. They both have to be manually controlled at all times.
"
besplash wrote:
Some people were banned for giving items from one account to another (might have an other reason) so I want to go sure, that this is okay.

No one was banned for having more than one account, GGG have always said that having multiple accounts is allowed, encouraged even particularly if the player dose not want to pay for extra stash tabs.

If people got banned it was because they broke the ToS(cheat/automate etc)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Alright thanks to you two.
I am not going to automate the second account. I will have the second account in the background to listen to whispers and the first account, muted, in the foreground.
You will have to level one character on your 2nd account to level 25 before you can trade currency and unique items. But it's all perfectly legit as long as you don't use cheats or hacks or anything to get those items in the first place.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
You could even make a script to read Client.txt for you and parse it for private messages and making beeps. So you wouldn't need a trade account simply for listening for chat.

This is similar to what I'm talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2qkrp9/tool_a_script_i_wrote_that_shows_your_recent_chat/
"
mark1030 wrote:
You will have to level one character on your 2nd account to level 25 before you can trade currency and unique items. But it's all perfectly legit as long as you don't use cheats or hacks or anything to get those items in the first place.

I knew about that and I am already in merciless act 3 now.

"
ionface wrote:
You could even make a script to read Client.txt for you and parse it for private messages and making beeps. So you wouldn't need a trade account simply for listening for chat.

This is similar to what I'm talking about. https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2qkrp9/tool_a_script_i_wrote_that_shows_your_recent_chat/

But I would like to have a visible public party and that isn't possible when I am in my hideout.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info