Ghost Spawn rate in Torment

Came back to the game.
Played 2 hours of torment: only found 1 ghost which activated in a wall somewhere and dissapeared pretty much before I noticed it.

How is this league different from standard when you don't get much divesity anyway... I was hoping for something improved compared to the same thing I've been playing for 1 year.

Any chance we might see more of them?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I see 1-2 per zone in merciless/maps if I full clear it.
given how many of them fizzle out by just hugging a wall, I believe they either need to increase their lifespan or their spawn rate...
I have now reached Act 2 Merciless (level 56) story is the same or even sadder.
Ghosts spawn too rarely
They can spawn somewhere in the off-screen and dissapear even befreo you interact with them
When you get to move them they usually hug walls
They are very unresponsive and do not touch enough mobs even though the mobs are in the vecinity.

This is a very frustrating and ultimately pointless experience.
I'm gonna be honest guys - compared to a few weeks ago when you only saw one every 2 or 3 instances, now I'm seeing 2 or 3 per instance. I don't know what you want. (Or maybe you just aren't looking hard enough.)
Yea, the AI needs some wall repellant, but whatevs...
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
TikoXi wrote:
I'm gonna be honest guys - compared to a few weeks ago when you only saw one every 2 or 3 instances, now I'm seeing 2 or 3 per instance. I don't know what you want. (Or maybe you just aren't looking hard enough.)

I think 2 per instance is an exageration.
The problem is that when they appear they are sooooooo underwhelming.
Let's look at the other features introduced:
- Rogue Exiles: they hurt, put up a good fight, give lots of items: your experience definitely changes when you encounter them.
- Shrines: lots of monsters to fight and after that you pick up an effect which changes your power for the next minute.
- Strongboxes: needs no comment: amazing addition.
- Nemesis Mods, Bloodline Champions, Invasion Bosses, Beyond Monsters: all drastically change how you approach the game.

Ghosts are frustrating.
They appear, they move erratically, last too little, and dont really infest enough monsters for you to care. You get a decent fight once in a blue moon, the rest is just pointless.

The solution is pretty simple: make them infect more mobs consistently...
"
Kranyum wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

- Rogue Exiles: they hurt, put up a good fight, give lots of items: your experience definitely changes when you encounter them.
- Shrines: lots of monsters to fight and after that you pick up an effect which changes your power for the next minute.
- Nemesis Mods, Bloodline Champions, Invasion Bosses, Beyond Monsters: all drastically change how you approach the game.

Ghosts are frustrating.
They appear, they move erratically, last too little, and dont really infest enough monsters for you to care. You get a decent fight once in a blue moon, the rest is just pointless.

ghosts >>> shrines. the rest I agree on.
theres nothing that great about shrines besides pack size and 'variety'

ghosts give you very good rarity. for someone like myself who hates sacrificing actual stats for mf on gear, ghosts are nice. sure, most of the loot will be vendored, but nonetheless...and in early game theyre a godsend and you dont have a situation where you can be in late cruel with blue items.

the main problem with ghosts are

1)AI, obviously

2)that melee got shafted again. as ranged you have a choice of chase ghost/lead it through packs/or kill it outright if you dont want a ghost inside dominus, etc. with melee you just chase the ghost and pray.

3)the rare ones are EXTREMELY rare. I mean, I have found 5 cartos, around 5 inner treasure packs, and yet to find a seditionist or smuggler. not that I care much about the 'challenge', but why are those so rare that they're basically negligible ?
Last edited by grepman on Mar 1, 2015, 5:15:07 PM
Well, Shrines add some novelty to the game, right?

I do agree with you that those are the problems. Especially when 4/5 ghosts hug the wall, it makes me wonder what the point is to this new League... Path of Wall Huggers
"
Kranyum wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

Ghosts are frustrating.

No, actually, 2 per instance is not exaggerating. In the larger, more compact instances like submerged passage, dungeon areas and the ilk, finding 3 ghosts in an area isn't uncommon. I got two ghosts to possess Ambrosia once. Talk about loot jizz. ._.

But I will agree - ghost AI needs some fundemental work. I think it needs to be a LOT easier to sheperd them into the packs or rares nearby, as even with the buff to their rare-attraction-force, they still flounder around like a fish out of water too often.

I think the concept is cool as balls. It just needs some work is all. (Also, if they could possess lockboxes and haunt everything inside (box would need to be unmodifiable after that however, like corruption), that'd be DOPE.)
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
Last edited by TikoXi on Mar 2, 2015, 10:49:12 PM
Every time I see someone whining because they are still missing ghosts for the challenge, I feel like they are talking bullshit. If you constantly play maps at a high clear speed, you will get tons of ghosts and the challenge will be done in no time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info