The "Ninth," Undiscovered Master

"
Will there be an 8th forsaken master focusing solely on unlocking more potential to skill and support gems like offering quality or extra levels for the cost of GCP?

Aren't there already nine masters?

This was posted by Chris in the Q&A (I don't know how to quote properly), but as far as I can tell, there's only 8. Either We're missing something or this is a typo.

"
Are there any unknown recipes still?

There are definitely unknown things that the community haven't worked out yet.

Another quote, but it still may have been a typo by chris
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
I'll put Tora and Vagan in the trade window, and then...
Ninth master
You're forgetting Krillson.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
You're forgetting Krillson.

Krillson is indeed the 9th master he is hinting at although noone can confirm that or is even able to prove it. Any prove i've seen sofar on Krillson is sketchy at best. People showing 8 seconds of video in 2015 = fake. I could make 10 minute raidvideos back in 2007 and that player can't give me more then 8 seconds (of editing). POE supports twitch streaming even. (sorry for bashing a old topic)
Those who know something about fishing refuse to share for the most likely reason that it all is 1 huge troll. Having seen the Q&A yesterday and this reply in particular it even made me second guess if it really is trolling.

My bet is this reply is just for feeding the rumours/trolls. He is neither denying or confirming there is a 9th master, he is actually countering with a question. I'll admit though I have been googling for fishing/Krillson the last 24 hours.
Last edited by Punica1980 on Feb 26, 2015, 10:00:01 AM
"
Rowanbladex wrote:

"
Are there any unknown recipes still?

There are definitely unknown things that the community haven't worked out yet.

Another quote, but it still may have been a typo by chris

How can this be a typo?
Chris has always been an... advocate of Fishing in the game. He's hinted at it strongly before.

Don't overthink it too much. Just assume that he does consider Krillson as the 9th, though whether this is true, only time will tell. :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
i think he meant to say already 8. but he could be trolling us, bc if there was a 9 someone would know by now, but then i guess we haven't figured out everything.

but he is probably messing with us as he is roflhao. lol instead of roflmao. but that makes you wonder what we havent figured out yet. what big mysteries that are probably really strong that we dont know yet. dang chris answering a Question with a Question.
rawrawr
I would definitely not be surprised at hidden recipes, but I also have a feeling they aren't especially useful - an exalted recipe that costs more than the market price, for instance. Or, perhaps, secret societies of players know the exalt recipe and are using it to get rich off of the rest of us ;)

Fishing is not real. A 9th master is highly doubtful. Any content that would actually incentivize us to purchase MTX GGG would DEFINITELY tell us about - same with content that fundamentally changes the way the game works. They have an incentive to advertise this content in order to attract players and retain them that outweighs their sneaky desire to keep secrets, or have a tiny group of players who know those secrets.

Also, any significant secret WOULD leak eventually if any players know it, and if they are economically significant that leak could overhaul the whole system. There are no alien bodies from a crashed spacecraft hidden in Zana's infamous "Area Monster Level 51."
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
IGN: @AmbushedByDongers
Shop and mirror service: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/984191
lvl 95 Physical Crit Bow Gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1073300
Last edited by Anisana on Feb 27, 2015, 7:37:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info