My friend FINALLY tried PoE tonight and...

POE isn't built for Casual gamers. The amount of information required to built an effective Character is immense.

D3 is different. Hell I even got my wife to play it and the only game she played before is farmville. Re-spec whenever is soo appealing and the amount of things you need to know in order to play is far less than in POE.

If your friend is not Grinder in his soul, doesn't love to do math to figure out what build/gear is better, don't suggest them this game.

Face the truth this is for hard core gamers not casuals. No matter how much I got excited for POE I could never get any casual to feel the love for it.
IGN: IcepickDBrutalizer
"
Tempada wrote:
I tried to get friends into this game, but with such a steep learning curve and a HUGE time investment required before you can feel good about the characters you make or save up enough to buy interesting items, they (wisely) abandoned it quickly.

+2 for my two BFFL: See Good news GGG... for original post way back in June 20, 2013 trying Anarchy league. They quit in August of 2013 and haven't played since then. I haven't asked them to try PoE again since the reasons they quit have not been fixed. Sorry GGG, but you lose.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 26, 2015, 10:43:08 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
I tried to get friends into this game, but with such a steep learning curve and a HUGE time investment required before you can feel good about the characters you make or save up enough to buy interesting items, they (wisely) abandoned it quickly.

+2 for my two BFFL: See Good news GGG... for original post way back in June 20, 2013 trying Anarchy league. They quit in August of 2013 and haven't played since then. I haven't asked them to try PoE again since the reasons they quit have not been fixed. Sorry GGG, but you lose.

I don't think the retention of your friends is the metric they use to measure success or failure :)
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:

Good riddance to them honestly. Instant gratification crowd should play D3 (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

Here are the two options for this crowd:

1. Cater to them and they play for 20-30 hours and then leave happy
2. Don't cater to them and they play for 20-30 hours and then leave unhappy

It's a lose/lose crowd. The most we can hope for is they *completely* leave rather than sticking around the forums trying to make others feel like they do.

Unfortunately we have quite a few of these cancerous tumors that no amount of radiation or surgery will remove them.

100% truth right there.
that feeling when your friend gets you hooked on poe then he quits to go play D3
Spoiler
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info