My friend FINALLY tried PoE tonight and...

That feeling when you finally get a friend to try PoE and he instantly gets hooked...

Spoiler
Last edited by Scotchfist on Feb 26, 2015, 6:42:40 AM
Yeah, i got one of those as well a couple of months ago... then he bought himself an SSD and got lost in the sea of other videogames :(

But i'm happy for you :)
I tried to get friends into this game, but with such a steep learning curve and a HUGE time investment required before you can feel good about the characters you make or save up enough to buy interesting items, they (wisely) abandoned it quickly.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
mhm asked few friends to play but they left in 1 week ;) they couldnt handle the desync and garbage loot *-*
The key to attracting friends is to NOT show them the end of the game. Let them play it. These games thrive on the feeling of progress and if you show them play on your level 90+ character you will make them feel worthless for most of the most fun part of the game. Instead, start a new character and show them how to progress.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The key to attracting friends is to NOT show them the end of the game. Let them play it. These games thrive on the feeling of progress and if you show them play on your level 90+ character you will make them feel worthless for most of the most fun part of the game. Instead, start a new character and show them how to progress.

The truth right here.

Progress is the key to keep players playing. At 80+ there is no progress for half-casual players.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Tempada wrote:
I tried to get friends into this game, but with such a steep learning curve and a HUGE time investment required before you can feel good about the characters you make or save up enough to buy interesting items, they (wisely) abandoned it quickly.

Good riddance to them honestly. Instant gratification crowd should play D3 (and I mean that in the nicest way possible).

Here are the two options for this crowd:

1. Cater to them and they play for 20-30 hours and then leave happy
2. Don't cater to them and they play for 20-30 hours and then leave unhappy

It's a lose/lose crowd. The most we can hope for is they *completely* leave rather than sticking around the forums trying to make others feel like they do.

Unfortunately we have quite a few of these cancerous tumors that no amount of radiation or surgery will remove them.
one of my friends saw me facerolling 66 maps with a level 88(20/20) and he got excited "that's a free game too?!?".

Then i spend the next 2 hours tried to teach him the basics, after that he had an empty look in his face and then i tell him: "there's just one last little thing " and show him the passivetree.

Never heard him talking about PoE since... :D
d:-D*
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Advice of the day right there

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info