Suggestions for leveling?

Hey all, I'm re-making a shadow I was playing before, using the passive reset. (The skill points are reset now, it's been a while since I've played)

I want to try making a leap slam prolif build with the fire damage 2H sword. This is the tree I'm leaning towards.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcFtQYgBqIHHgj0DkgPxBGWF9wfAiGwI_Yk_SaVJ6kqCy0fLpQwcTB8MgEyNDT3Nj06QjpYO3xFfElRSn1LeEyzTZJRR1VLVcZW-lh1XfJh4mHrYqxnoGpDaxdsjG1scFJw1XSgdoJ313pTfyt_xoPbh2WHdonTjAuMNo19jb-VIJUul4WXl5smnWOdqqKjpHiksayYr7eyGbQ4tNG1SLjKuXy86sBUwdXB88gMzerPetQj1ordqN7444Tjn-UZ5Y7nVOd06NbssPDV8Wzz6vv1_MX_3g==

Since he can't use the fire damage sword for another 16 levels, I'm having trouble figuring out what to use to get him there. I do have 11 respec points available, so I can respec if needed. What skills can I use following this skill tree to get him there?

Thanks for any thoughts!
I'd just use arc and fire trap in these.

Thats how I level fast any caster like 8-10 hrs to merc dom.

Arc + Echo + Faster cast
Fire trap + inc burning + fire pen
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 26, 2015, 8:50:26 AM
First, I doubt that the build will do what you expect it to do. I've looked into this setup, but from the Templar section (that part of the skill tree has a ton more +elemental and +aoe nodes and Avatar of Fire.) In my experience there simply isn't enough damage to do what you want the way you want to do it. However, I don't want to outright say "Don't do this" but I do want to caution you from moving forward without more information.

Second, you are life based with zero life regen in your tree. This is going to hurt you.

Third, you have minimal attack speed. You're one node away from a 12% attack speed node that you didn't take! Remember that for leap slam your weapon speed is irrelevant. Only attack speed modifiers matter. This makes attack speed one of the most important stats for a build focused on Leap Slam.

Fourth, you have very little +mana and zero mana regen in your tree. How do you intend on casting your spells?

Fifth, you're going for crit, yet you take the increased burning branch of the Witch Fire Circle up top. If you crit you burn automatically, therefor you don't need any increased burning. Furthermore, burning damage double dips on fire damage. This makes the Heart of Flame branch much better than the Breath of Flames branch for your purposes.

(Fifth and a half, Oro's Sacrifice is only 5% crit base. Going for crit on a 5% base seems like a bad idea.)

Sixth, Oro's Sacrifice has the property "Gains a Frenzy Charge if an Attack Ignites an Enemy." And you're ONE POINT AWAY from the "4% evasion rating per Frenzy Charge." And you're right next to 2 bonus Frenzy Charges. With how much focused on evasion rating and attack speed your build is, and the sword's unique mod, there is no reason to not get these nodes.

Lastly, your tree is 107 points. That puts you at level 87 to 90 in order to "complete" your build. This is not a good idea unless you already have a level 80ish character to start from. If you're leveling from anything below 50, try redoing your tree with 65-70 points. This gives you another 10-15 points to "fix" any problems you might find along the way before you get to level 65-70ish. Around 60ish you can start doing some of the trickier parts of Merciless and that allows you to get a better feel for how things are going and allocate the next 5-15 points to patch up your build.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips gentleman! I may have to re-think this build I suppose.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info