Was dominus unique drop rate nerfed in 1.3?

I was dual client farming merc Dominus in beyond leaugue with like 390/67 setup on my culler as i remember.Loot,uniques were amazing in beyond(best unique that dropped was mjolner).However,i'm doin same thing in bloodlines now(over 700 runs),even with much better mf setup on my culler,441 iir/86iiq,loot is significantly worse,not rare drop rate much,but unique drop rate.I'm pretty sure it's not just rng.What's yours experience with dual client dominus farming in 1.3?I will post my mf gear below if someone is intersted.
Last edited by And1111 on Feb 26, 2015, 1:18:52 AM
My mf gear in bloodlines
Spoiler
Last edited by Pyro1112 on Feb 26, 2015, 1:02:35 AM
"
And1111 wrote:
I was dual client farming merc Dominus in beyond leaugue with like 390/67 setup on my culler as i remember.Loot,uniques were amazing in beyond(best unique that dropped was mjolner).However,i'm doin same thing in bloodlines now(over 700 runs),even with much better mf setup on my culler,441 iir/86iiq,loot is significantly worse,not rare drop rate much,but unique drop rate.I'm pretty sure it's not just rng.What's yours experience with dual client dominus farming in 1.3?I will post my mf gear below if someone is intersted.

Considering unique drop, 700 runs is too low sample to conclude, especially if you consider high tier uniques.
I got recently 4 uniques dominus on solo run with 310/140 IIR/IIQ, and I have as usual between 21 and 25 yellow, so I do not think it has been nerfed.
IGN TylordRampage
As someone who played a lot on bloodlines and last HC league, as solo mf-er and also joined tons of public parties with other mf-ers, my conclusion is that dominus is nerfed to oblivion.

And as it it atm, next temp league it is absolutely bad decision to create mf char as solo player, your only options are multiclient with 4 chars atleast, join public parties with mf-er that have 500+ iir and 80+ iiq

Why?

Last league with 350 iir killing dominus got you all rare items, no blue, and every 3-4 runs unique, i didnt count but i did kill dom 500+ times

Now on bloodlines with 400 IIR i get 30-40% blue items and unique every 10-15 runs.

GGG changed how mf works in favour of party, before every person in party boosted 50 IIQ, but now every player gives 10 IIQ and 40% IIR, meaning that culler with 500 IIR cull with 700+ IIR.

Sealing was raised, so as solo player i presume to achieve to get all drops to be rare as solo player you need 500 IIR, which in my opinion in temp leagues is beyond retarded.

Not only that gear for that much mf cost shit ton, it also takes a lot of time, and you need to factor in that as solo player you need dmg and surv.

Even morons at bliz understood that swaping gear for culls when diablo 3 got out was retarded and changed it quickly, GGG is making it worse with each new league.

Yes, they are that clueless.

500+ times is too low a sample size.

You need tens of thousands of Dominus runs to prove anything, and I have them.

All I can tell you is that RNG sucks sometimes. By my mathematical calculations based on Xp from 0-18% at level 90(All from dom runs) I did at least 700 runs in a week and a bit and found pretty much nothing worth more then 10 chaos. Then I found a taste of hate.

Also I changed to Greed's Embrace on swap, got 193/540 mf now on dom cull. Overall I'm finding more decent uniques(Tabula, Maligaro's, and some other decent uniques, nothing GG).

Anyways by my estimates you'll average well over 100 runs per decent unique found(10 chaos or more on standard). In the mean time do chaos recipes and you can make much more then that.

Oh and I'm 100% solo, no multiclienting or anything.
"
500+ times is too low a sample size.

You need tens of thousands of Dominus runs to prove anything, and I have them.

All I can tell you is that RNG sucks sometimes. By my mathematical calculations based on Xp from 0-18% at level 90(All from dom runs) I did at least 700 runs in a week and a bit and found pretty much nothing worth more then 10 chaos. Then I found a taste of hate.

Also I changed to Greed's Embrace on swap, got 193/540 mf now on dom cull. Overall I'm finding more decent uniques(Tabula, Maligaro's, and some other decent uniques, nothing GG).

Anyways by my estimates you'll average well over 100 runs per decent unique found(10 chaos or more on standard). In the mean time do chaos recipes and you can make much more then that.

Oh and I'm 100% solo, no multiclienting or anything.

193/54 IIR/IIQ will give you more blue items then rare, also doing dom runs with that low iir/iiq is complete waste of time, since you can join public party where mf-er cull dom with 700+ IIR and 100+ IIQ and you can make 10 times more then you with your stats.

And thats my whole point. There is no way you can farm nowhere near eficiently solo as you can in party. And that is huge mistake made by GGG. Same is with rolling maps, acquiring maps, getting exp, also it is A LOT safer to do higer lvl maps in party, literally everything is better done in party then solo apart from Atziri.

Also where i think you are wrong is that you can never say number of dom runs you need to do to get decent unique, rng is so wide here no sample size can give you any data. And it is not relevant at all. With that being said uniques are just something extra here, rares are main reason for farming here, and you need 500 IIR to get all items to be rare. I find that unacceptable as solo player. 400 IIR will give you 30-40% blue items as solo player. Way to discourage solo players to farm.

Last edited by BoondockSaint on Feb 27, 2015, 3:36:25 AM
yes dominus drop rate was nerfed in 1.3
Write random stuff here
"
RunMyWay wrote:

No.

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
since you can join public party where mf-er cull dom with 700+ IIR and 100+ IIQ and you can make 10 times more then you with your stats.

lol it's so 2014... Now damage output of many builds are putting culling chance to near 0.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Feb 27, 2015, 3:39:19 AM
Also last HC temp league my stash tabs were always full with items like high HP + 2 decent resists. Mediocre rares which you could sell for 2-3 C. Now in bloodlines i got A LOT less mediocre rares from dom. So its not only IIR that was nerfed, but also prefix and suffix rolls on items. Harder to get them.

Its obvious it was nerfed because you can craft now, so that makes it ok by me.

So yea, i dont mind that, i mind IIR nerf for solo players :(

"
Malone wrote:
"
RunMyWay wrote:

No.

"
BoondockSaint wrote:
since you can join public party where mf-er cull dom with 700+ IIR and 100+ IIQ and you can make 10 times more then you with your stats.

lol it's so 2014... Now damage output of many builds are putting culling chance to near 0.

I dont understand what are you saying, that cullers cant cull anymore?

Since there is no way you are saying that, can you please explain what are you saying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info