Worst game of all time

Honestly, this Could be the best game in it's genre. However, if you plan on playing hardcore beware! I have played many characters on hardcore and have yet to die legitimately to monsters or mechanics. Every single hardcore character death I have experienced is due to a random disconnection mid-fight. This game isn't even remotely fun at this point because you cant progress without some random d/c, glitch, or rubber-banding effect killing your character. I would still play if it happened to one or two characters but having 30+ hardcore characters die to BAD CODING? TERRIBLE SERVERS?
"
SupeYan wrote:
Honestly, this Could be the best game in it's genre. However, if you plan on playing hardcore beware! I have played many characters on hardcore and have yet to die legitimately to monsters or mechanics. Every single hardcore character death I have experienced is due to a random disconnection mid-fight. This game isn't even remotely fun at this point because you cant progress without some random d/c, glitch, or rubber-banding effect killing your character. I would still play if it happened to one or two characters but having 30+ hardcore characters die to BAD CODING? TERRIBLE SERVERS?

not recommended to play hardcore mode if you're on a bad connection to ggg servers.
regarding desync: it's build dependent and gets worse if your connection stability sucks.

you play on wireless?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
No I play on a stable Verizon cable connection. I view my connection rate using f1 command and it's always fine. There is no reason I should randomly get disconnected. Not really sure why it happens but it has killed every hardcore character I have ever played. It seems like bad coding or terrible servers to me. I have played this game off and on since beta and ever time I die it's to this same random d/c. I cant believe it has been 3-4 years since this game was released and these issues still exist. How does GGG expect players to enjoy their product when they don't fix these problems.
It's worth noting here that there are 1100+ characters that have leveled past 90 in Bloodlines, so desync and disconnections are not a problem that affect everyone to the same extent.

There may be factors with either your connection or the hops in between yourself, your ISP and then through to the GGG servers that are causing a larger number of disconnections to occur.

The easiest way to identify these problems is by using WinMTR during a regular play session (at least 5 minutes worth), and then using the information generated to look for hops that may be either causing packet loss or latency spikes.

If you want, pop into Tech Support forum and follow some of the guides in the stickies. GGG is pretty good (and some of the dudes like Drakier and lagwin) at being able to help decode where potential problems lie.

If WinMTR shows the faults are at their end, it gives them better evidence to talk about the issues with their service providers as well.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 25, 2015, 7:27:53 PM
"It's worth noting here that there are 1100+ characters that have leveled past 90 in Bloodlines, so desync and disconnections are not a problem that affect everyone to the same extent."

My bet is most, if not all of those 1100+ characters lvl 90+ are "supporters" of some kind. I wouldn't say giving players who don't "support" the game terrible connections to the server is crazy.
"
SupeYan wrote:
"It's worth noting here that there are 1100+ characters that have leveled past 90 in Bloodlines, so desync and disconnections are not a problem that affect everyone to the same extent."

My bet is most, if not all of those 1100+ characters lvl 90+ are "supporters" of some kind. I wouldn't say giving players who don't "support" the game terrible connections to the server is crazy.

That's some MAJOR LEAGUE tinfoil hatting there.

You're welcome!
"
SupeYan wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

You know, I was DCing constantly last week. Look under my name.

Guess whose fault it was?

Spoiler
My ISP.

EDIT: Also, if you disconnect, your character is removed instantly from the game world. Disconnects shouldn't kill you.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Last edited by XigTek on Feb 25, 2015, 10:21:49 PM
Play scrubcore like i do because my connection is terrible 90% of the time :))
"
"
SupeYan wrote:

LOL!!!!

Now you're just grasping at straws.

My connection sucks.

It's GGG trying to extort more money out of you, Charan.

"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Literally worse than Hitler.

Spoiler
Not the game, but your post.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info