Skills that have to be nerfed in order to achieve a balanced game

Incinerate is a joke slowest clear speed I ever played. Don't know ppl think it powerful. Wind up sucks. Range sucks.

cyclone? Serious? Low range and expensive. Only good if paired with an OP CoC Gem and Discharger.

Arc? Dont make me laugh. 5 target max and terrible single target. Bring a lunch when you do atziri. Snooze fest.

Basically rest sound legit tho.

Main thing I'd like to see go is CWDT. Bullshit gem and you should manual cast. whole idea of game is playing not game playing for you. OFC it's coupled with phys immunity 99% of the time Immortal call. I'd not have a problem with immunity manual casted but one of those needs to go which makes it automatic.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2015, 11:13:30 PM
About Tornado Shot:

I see how one could say it is OP, but a simple damage reduction doesn't help.
Change the mechanics on Tornado Shot, so it becomes an actual "Tornado" Shot and not a "Shotgun" Shot like it is now.

Remove all of the three additional arrows after impact. And add a chance 5-15% (or less) to cast a "Book Tornado" on hit like the Unique Boss in the Archives "Trinian, Intellectus Prime".
THAT would be an actual "Tornado Shot".

About trigger gems/automatic skills:

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Main thing I'd like to see go is CWDT. Bullshit gem and you should manual cast. whole idea of game is playing not game playing for you.

I disagree. Manual casting is still an option! This automated system is important to players rely on kiting in order to survive incoming packs. While kiting you do not have any second to spare for a cast, but you need reduction/immunity to physical often. Incoming damage is just immense and there is often more than enough elemental damage aside to kill you.
I often died although i was under "Immortal Call" effect.

Bad Luck happens ... Desync happens ... so a little bit of automatic skilling is worth keeping i guess.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Incinerate is a joke slowest clear speed I ever played. Don't know ppl think it powerful. Wind up sucks. Range sucks.
Wind up isn't bad if you invest in cast speed. Range doesn't suck if you have projectile speed from gear (rare wand or wands).

I can't emphasize the cast speed thing enough. The mechanics of Incinerate allow it to double-dip as a DPS boost.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 28, 2015, 10:04:39 PM
"
agbudar wrote:
companies have to realize that in order to balance the game unless it is totally utterly overpowered as in CANNOT BE KILLED then yes you need to nerf it A BIT.

not this lets fukin gut the 3 skills people like to use because they are efficient.

how about you look at what you did WRONG with the other ones first?

Do you think any single player or PvE game should be difficult?
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Wind up isn't bad if you invest in cast speed. Range doesn't suck if you have projectile speed from gear (rare wand or wands).

I can't emphasize the cast speed thing enough. The mechanics of Incinerate allow it to double-dip as a DPS boost.

I am familiar how it works. I used a PoH which has 30 echo and 20/20 fast cast and 20/20 faster proj still pathetic clear speed IMO compared to other AOE skills. again problem is ramp to DPS and low arc width. It's better than a lot of skills dont get me wrong just calling it overpoweed like OP does is silly.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2015, 2:33:16 AM
^get cast when damage lightning warp, no longer need to deactivate channeling so it keeps at max stacks.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I am familiar how it works. I used a PoH which has 30 echo and 20/20 fast cast and 20/20 faster proj still pathetic clear speed IMO compared to other AOE skills. again problem is ramp to DPS and low arc width. It's better than a lot of skills dont get me wrong just calling it overpoweed like OP does is silly.

I'm glad to hear this because it was my impression of the skill and it looked tedious in non-boss fights. Sure looks great doing atziri when you can facetank her and she doesn't move a ton, but it always looked like it would be shitty for normal leveling.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
Balance is the Emerald City at the end of the yellow brick road. All devs walk it. All players demand they walk it. The problem is that most game devs don't just walk the road, they are constantly building it up ahead of them. The older a game gets the further away the emerald city gets, yet the more urgently the players want them to reach it.

At some point you have to say... ok it balance really worth the fun it costs to try and achieve it.
"
Moosifer wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I'm glad to hear this because it was my impression of the skill and it looked tedious in non-boss fights. Sure looks great doing atziri when you can facetank her and she doesn't move a ton, but it always looked like it would be shitty for normal leveling.

It is. Same for arctic breath which is even more powerful shotgun than 3 stack incinerate.

I use both as Atziri killers but level with a fun skill like arc. cant stand more than 2-3 maps with them,.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 1, 2015, 11:32:46 AM
Jesus, what's wrong with you guys. Don't you like to have fun? I don't see a problem with any of these, and even if something actually is OP, why do you care? If it's because these skills are so much better than the skill you use yourself why don't you rather ask ggg to buff that instead, and then everyone can be happy and have fun together.

Why you would actually want a skill to become worse is totally beyond me.
I've been farming my Ass off for months just to be able to afford a mjolner and the necessary gear, and if they nerf it now, after all this toil, I'll probably quit poe alltogether.

I just want to feel like goddamn God for once! Is that too much to ask after 1000+ hours of relentless farming and bad rng?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info