Skills that have to be nerfed in order to achieve a balanced game

Buffing the burning damage on HoA is easy if necessary.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 26, 2015, 5:31:49 PM
Static Strike shouldn't be nerfed, it sets the standard for what other Melee skills should be brought up to so they can be more competitive.

Tornado Shot may use some small nerf but the 30% reduction I saw some mention would be too much, especially when it is compared to Split Arrow.

No comment on the rest.
Here are my opinions

"
vangrandson wrote:
Melee:

Cyclon, static strike and flicker strike

I think more skills should work like static strike. A big no to nerfing this.

Flicker is a deathwish. That skill couldn't so enough damage to make me use it as a main skill. I say don't nerf it.

Cyclone I think is fine.

"
vangrandson wrote:
Ranged:

Kinetic Blast and tornado shot

Maybe very small nerfs. Kinetic Blast seems to do more damage than anyone expected with pierce, but overall its fine.

Tornado shot probably does a little bit more damage than anyone expected, but its fine overall.

"
vangrandson wrote:
Spells:

Incinerate, flameblast, arc and discharge

None of these need a nerf in the slightest. Flameblast being OP is related to prolif being OP. Discharge being OP is related to crit being OP.

"
vangrandson wrote:
Utility skills:

The combination of blood rage + enhance + quality blood magic

No way man. When someone makes a good melee CI build, grats to them I say. They should enjoy the power boost.
"
Barivius wrote:

"
vangrandson wrote:
Utility skills:

The combination of blood rage + enhance + quality blood magic

No way man. When someone makes a good melee CI build, grats to them I say. They should enjoy the power boost.

The bloodrage+enhance thing is low life builds, not CI that utilize the insane attackspeed. Not saying it needs nerfed because it is quite expensive to pull off.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I have a crazy idea.....STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like a build don't play it. You want a balanced game then ask GGG to fix the overall mechanics of the game. Maybe introduce monsters that have better AI. Maybe introduce different dmg mechanics that punish certain builds. How about we get out of the lazy habit of saying, oh that is a strong build, I am jealous, I want to ruin the game for everyone else, if I can't have it NO-ONE can.

Grow up, realize it is a game meant for entertainment. Stop whining like children and stop asking for the continue path of nerfs!
"
goetzjam wrote:

The bloodrage+enhance thing is low life builds, not CI that utilize the insane attackspeed. Not saying it needs nerfed because it is quite expensive to pull off.

Right. Doing it low life is even harder, more expensive, but more powerful.
Nerf all the things. Every last fucking one.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
runnin17 wrote:
I have a crazy idea.....STOP ASKING FOR NERFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like a build don't play it. You want a balanced game then ask GGG to fix the overall mechanics of the game. Maybe introduce monsters that have better AI. Maybe introduce different dmg mechanics that punish certain builds. How about we get out of the lazy habit of saying, oh that is a strong build, I am jealous, I want to ruin the game for everyone else, if I can't have it NO-ONE can.

Grow up, realize it is a game meant for entertainment. Stop whining like children and stop asking for the continue path of nerfs!

No you.

This is a competitive game. Buffs and nerfs are done for competitive (pve) reasons. If you want to play a non-competitive game, there are other ones out there.

This is the feedback forum for said competitive game. The whole purpose is to talk about things that are too strong or too weak. If you don't like that, there are other forums out there too.
pneuma is right. This is exactly what this forum is for. I personally find the game mechanics for armor are broken. Not sure how to fix it, but I am trying to put a spotlight on it.

But trying to silence people you disagree with is even worse. Trust GGG to have a better idea about the state of the game and its mechanics. When we point something out they will do one of a couple of things.

1. Ignore it. IE Desync. Because it has been address already and no new complaint is going to suddenly make them go WOW! we never knew that!

2. View it, but basically ignore it because it doesn't fit with what they are doing.

3. Take a closer look at it as many here are excellent at finding issues that they may have overlooked themselves and now can devote resources to it.

4. Use Feedback to reaffirm what they thought they already knew themselves.

Now what feedback does for us is gives us a place to express our misgivings, blessings and others in a place were you hope others will discuss it. Not just post to STFU.
"
vangrandson wrote:
"
Have you even used any of those melee skills as core builds with avg gear and on rare 77+maps, solo and group post 1.3 mega nerf? Especially flicker?

I have never bothered myself with playing a melee character however what i do see in party play is that the only melee skills used are either static strike or cyclon because they are stronger than the rest if the melee skills and therefor they have to be brought in line with the other melee skils.

yea this type of bull is what drives me and many others away from a game.
companies have to realize that in order to balance the game unless it is totally utterly overpowered as in CANNOT BE KILLED then yes you need to nerf it A BIT.

not this lets fukin gut the 3 skills people like to use because they are efficient.

how about you look at what you did WRONG with the other ones first?

besides Infernal blow or Molten strike work just as fine as Static strike are you gonna nerf those next when people figure out that those are practically the same?

also flicker strike needs enough investment to make it actually work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info