What's with the time sink motive?

"
Barivius wrote:
There is a wonderful autohotkey script that does this for you. It's posted here in this forum. I think its called PoE iteminfo. I hit crtl+p and see everything I need.

I call hax, utilizing the internet to your advantage is clearly cheating and provides you with a benefit over other players.

Prepare to be banhammered. \o/

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I hate to be that guy but

Diablo 3 has this.

WHY FOR WE CAN NOT?!?!

That is all.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome back Bambi!

@OP - I use the AHK script as well, it's very VERY useful. Just be aware that it doesn't quite have the same functionality as sticky-taping a popsicle stick across your 3/4/5 buttons so you can pop multiple potions at once.

LINK TO POE AHK SCRIPT
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Elemenz wrote:
What is the purpose of making us go outside the game
and look up for the high/low rolls for item lvl/mods?
Why can't we just see items like this instantly in the game?

In addition to whether or not the roll is max for the affix, there is the question of where the affix range falls in the total spectrum and where the affix falls in terms of possibilities for the item level, as well as where the stat falls in terms of being usable by the current character.

So that's four more bars/stats to track for every stat on the item.

We are not playing PoE Forsaken Statistics, nor PoE Sacrifice of the Standard Deviation. The game doesn't need any more UI clutter, or waste of server bandwidth.

If GGG really had a "Time sink motive" wouldn't they just put in the option in game with a cool down timer between checking item stats?

Then we'd have messages such as: "You have already checked itemlevel in the past five minutes, you must wait 4 minutes and 48 seconds before this command can be used again."

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"

To OP: Sorry, shit idea, many other things need prioritizing, it isn't that hard to remember what fucking roll ranges are on items.

This requires the individual to have a functioning brain and small to none entitlement.

anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 26, 2015, 7:33:58 PM
Having more information tends to be a good thing, especially when that information is used toward making a decision.
Let me get this straight...You want to like, hold ALT over the item and have the possible roll range displayed? LOL
Use the Item Info macro (poE-ItemInfo) and macro bind /itemlevel on a key, mine's set to F6, just hover the mouse over the item and check the ilvl. i don't even know the in-game methods to do it, like hold alt or something? meh
Last edited by Weed on Feb 26, 2015, 8:54:13 PM
I'd support this. People saying it's not needed because of external programs are wrong. More info at a glance like this is great. Not EXACTLY like this, but similar.
"
DalaiLama wrote:
We are not playing PoE Forsaken Statistics, nor PoE Sacrifice of the Standard Deviation. The game doesn't need any more UI clutter, or waste of server bandwidth.
LOL, what bandwidth? The bracket values aren't random, you know. And the last time they were changed was... ummm... well it sure was a looong time ago if it was at all, so that info could just be stored in ggpk.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info