Why self-found needs its own league

"
Icholas wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
I enjoy HC PKing because its very competetive and challenging with high stakes

I have nothing to add except a lol at that.

He's a pretty good troll lel.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Self-found does not need its own league. It would be nice if it had its own ladder, so players who want to compete under the playstyle can do so against other like-minded players.

However, it is not as simple as "if this character trades, it loses self-found." Usually players have traded items in their stash, so characters with the label shouldn't be able to access it - either no stash or a separate one. I think I'd actually prefer to see the "no stash" version since it's harder. :3

There would also be the question of partying. It might be considered unfair to have a non-SF player rush you, even if no items change hands. Or it might be considered fair game. Not sure.

In no instance should self-found players be afforded any advantage or "compensation" for their choice of playstyle. It should be about competition.

My only comment is that it's important that this tag isn't abusable. For example, trading by dropping items on the ground at opposite ends of the screen - the way we did it in closed beta before trade window existed...
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Self-found does not need its own league. It would be nice if it had its own ladder, so players who want to compete under the playstyle can do so against other like-minded players.

However, it is not as simple as "if this character trades, it loses self-found." Usually players have traded items in their stash, so characters with the label shouldn't be able to access it - either no stash or a separate one. I think I'd actually prefer to see the "no stash" version since it's harder. :3

There would also be the question of partying. It might be considered unfair to have a non-SF player rush you, even if no items change hands. Or it might be considered fair game. Not sure.

In no instance should self-found players be afforded any advantage or "compensation" for their choice of playstyle. It should be about competition.

My only comment is that it's important that this tag isn't abusable. For example, trading by dropping items on the ground at opposite ends of the screen - the way we did it in closed beta before trade window existed...

The idea is good on paper, until you realize the nature of people and the lengths they will go to gain an advantage over one another.

Honestly i am all for it, i would play the shit out of a SF tagged char and enjoy climbing that ladder with like-minded people, but i fear they would not all be so like-minded as in "honorable in there intentions" :p.

And i completely understand why GGG don't want to waste resources on it, because if abuses slip true, guess who is gonna get flamed and shredded at the end of the day.

Maybe with paid league's, if that stuff actually does happen "if ever" a kick-starter for a prolonged SF paid league could be made? I would very much like that, aldo admittedly my donation would be small.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
KZA wrote:

how about my video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGizBMfFPQk

I loved the video, it's hilarious. No idea why you think it's necessary to mention that you're a girl though. I guess you get a kick out of making fat teenagers excited

Budget 2h Vaal IC Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1200652
Budget Facebreaker Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210072
Budget detonate dead Uber killer : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1213645
Last edited by Garmon123 on Feb 25, 2015, 8:23:43 AM
This shit again, gg said already no to self noobs, wanna self found launch sc and don't trade

I don't image to play without damn trade image you need gem worth 1 alc and it will never drops to you until lvl 95 ... gl
IGN : Uhigatana
It surely needed an other thread. Oh wait...
IGN : @Morgoth

how about my video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGizBMfFPQk[/quote]

your a cutie pie lol, I now agree with your point of view lol
I dont see any any key!
"
KZA wrote:
This is the single most competitive actionRPG on the market. That said, those of us who prefer self-found are in direct competition with those who choose to trade. Thus our only options currently available are:

-Don't trade and be at a major disadvantage competitively
-Trade and lose out on the satisfaction of self-found

An optional self-found league would allow for competition AND self-found satisfaction.

Major disadvantage? How can I possibly have a major disadvantage over myself?
"
k1rage wrote:

if you want self found play D3

Spoiler
If you want PVP, play Smite. ;)
I added this to my original post. You may find it enlightening.

INVALID ARGUMENTS

GGG already said no. --- If sufficient demand is there, they will change their minds

If you want self found, go play D3. --- That’s like saying if you want more pink in the game go play Candy Crush. Just because D3 gets one thing right that POE doesn’t, doesn’t mean its worth leaving the 99 things POE gets right that D3 doesn’t.

Nothing is keeping you from playing self-found. --- that’s like saying nothing is keeping you from playing hardcore mode in standard league- just delete your character when you die. No, we need a separate league/ladder where the rules are enforced and we can compete directly with others doing the same thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info