Why self-found needs its own league

This is the single most competitive actionRPG on the market. That said, those of us who prefer self-found are in direct competition with those who choose to trade. Thus our only options currently available are:

-Don't trade and be at a major disadvantage competitively
-Trade and lose out on the satisfaction of self-found

An optional self-found league would allow for competition AND self-found satisfaction.

INVALID ARGUMENTS

-GGG already said no. --- If sufficient demand is there, they will change their minds.

-If you want self found, go play D3. --- That’s like saying if you want more pink in the game go play Candy Crush. Just because D3 gets one thing right that POE doesn’t, doesn’t mean its worth leaving the 99 things POE gets right that D3 doesn’t.

-Nothing is keeping you from playing self-found. --- That’s like saying nothing is keeping you from playing hardcore mode in standard league- just delete your character when you die. No, we need a separate league/ladder where the rules are enforced and we can compete directly with others doing the same thing.
Last edited by KZA on Feb 25, 2015, 10:33:56 AM
If someone made a paid league with no trading and no ability to pick up any items others have dropped, how much would you be willing to pay to join?
There is already a pretty active discussion thread on the front page of GD here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1170796

:)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!

don't forget your rod
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Outside of races, what percentage of the playerbase do you think cares about competing?
um GGG has said many many times that self found leagues are not happening

why is this still even a discussion

if you want self found play D3
I dont see any any key!
how aout a no currency trade league ?
i mean i love the no money thing but man exalts and chaos orbs are like money.
i barrely use them to craft things why would i when i can buy the gear for those exaltes much cheaper
I have finally determined the solution for self-found players. I 100% know the ideal solution for self-found players that would completely satisfy both them and GGG. Seriously, this idea I'm going to state is genius:

Give every new character the 'self-found' status icon. It would give a few identification perks like an icon on the ladder, and friends list/party list. This way, players get to track theirselves competitively on the ladder, AND play safe found.

Self-found status is lost as soon as you accept an item in trade chat.

I'm pretty sure this would solve everything.

You can thank me later.
"
FadeXF wrote:
KZA - aren't you that guy who just PKs HC players at the bandit quests?

IF YES: Why would you want a self found league: no one wants to play with you now??

IF NO: Disregard my last question. ;)

I'm that girl that PKs HC players yes, but that's not all I do. I enjoy HC PKing because its very competetive and challenging with high stakes- same reasons I want a self found league.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
I have finally determined the solution for self-found players. I 100% know the ideal solution for self-found players that would completely satisfy both them and GGG. Seriously, this idea I'm going to state is genius:

Give every new character the 'self-found' status icon. It would give a few identification perks like an icon on the ladder, and friends list/party list. This way, players get to track theirselves competitively on the ladder, AND play safe found.

Self-found status is lost as soon as you accept an item in trade chat.

I'm pretty sure this would solve everything.

You can thank me later.

Wow, that's pretty brilliant. I like it a lot except you can still party with people who have traded, who can potentially faceroll content for you and thus help you farm. It's a step in the right direction though!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info