very late unlock-mail delivery

Using this tool:
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/messageheader/

I found out, that the unlock mail took 43 hours from
mail2.pathofexile.com → mx-ha.gmx.net
to deliver... any guess why ?

Thanks
Probably the same reason that it's been happening to others in germany, email providers fucking up somehow, GGG have said they are in contact with said providers but there's only so much they can do.

Email them if you need further assistance
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
1.) Maybe it would be better to turn the safety off ;-)

2.) My Provider changes my IP once a day, I can't do anything against that. It's fact.
So everyday I log in to POE, I connect with a new IP... and new location...
There are maybe 4 or 5 differnt locations for my connections with this Provider.
Can GGG do a whitelist of (those) 'proof' locations ?
It's always the same Personal-Computer (same location), just different Provider-Servers/IPs/locations.

It is possible to save the password in the Game-Client...
...but it does not work for me for the above reasons.
I always have to re-enter my password because of the different Provider-locations.

There must be more players with the same issue.

3.) Why not => PM the unlock-code in this Forum? (knowing email takes such a long time)

4.) Or is there any way to connect to a "Gameable" Proxy server providing a static IP?
You can email Support (support@grindinggear.com) and request to have the security settings of your account tweaked/disabled. At your own risk. :-)
Security.

1. If they disable the IP locking then you leave yourself open to getting hacked...it was implimented for a reason you know.

2. don't know how they would work it but probably they won't white list a bunch of locations as it's still open to getting hacked(you can email them and ask to disable it though)

3. same deal...security, say someone manages to get a hold of your accont details atm, there is nothing stopping them from logging into the site and using that code to unlock the game and rob you blind...GGG wouldn't do anything past getting the account back in your control, anything lost or deleted will not be restored.

4. you can use a VPN with a static IP, it would work, you could also use steam.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 25, 2015, 1:04:44 PM
Why can't they just authenticate and keep the list of PCs. It seems like when I swap from Home to Work and vice versa, they are always asking to verify.

But then their Email with the code takes FOREVER to arrive (I am in California).

Steam doesn't present this problem for me at all.
Still no email and it's been 24+hours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info