[1.3 Torment] Kaleav's TS specs (dps or mf)

Hello, all.
I would like to share my spec of TS ranger and few tips in setting up. I think it's quite optimized for my favor but still not 100% sure that it's the best. Any comment for improvement would be really appreciated.

1. Passives - lvl 96 current passive tree

2. Gears

Spoiler

The above is dps setup.

For mf soloing of 156iir, I swapped with following gears.

3. Stats
Spoiler

Def

Off

54k lmp +1 4 p charges up

38k gmp +1 4 p charges up

The followings are mf ver - 156iir solo mapping.

32k lmp+1 no charge, 39k with 4 p charges

23k gmp+1 no charge, 28k with 4 p charges

4. Thought on mapping / setting up builds

Spoiler

My objectives of this build is all-round mapping build, in particular, i) minize the map mods that I cannot run, ii) easy to swap between dps/mf setup, and lastly and most importantly iii) enough defense/dps to level up. Let me explain how I manage to get those objectives.

i)

The map modes I avoid are Blood magic, minus max resists, and double reflects. Those are very risky mods so I don't run them due to third objective - keep progress in level.

Ele weakness mod is easy with running purity of elements, all resist capped at 75.
Phys ref is viable using TS - FA - PPAD - GMP - LGOH - PtL.
Ele ref is viable using TS - FA - PPAD - GMP - LGOH - ICD.
Half regen/no regen is a joke for attack build.

This is why I am using GGGGRB for my TS links. I know GGGGBB is also good choice in terms of consistent dps output but hard to deal with reflect maps.

In addition, I am using Jade Flask of Warding, not of Reflex. I have 18k evasion and 59% evasion chace when using jade of warding and have 23k evasion and 63% evasion chance when using jade of reflexes. In my opinion, the 4% probability difference is not a big deal compared to getting rid of vulnerability/ele weakness/flammabilty/frostbite/conductivity when I met phys/ele ref mobs.

ii)

Someones may wonder why I bother with mf settup. The reason is simple, 78 maps are not sustainable. I have quite versatile build as mentioned above and can run most map modes, but sometimes rng doesnt allow me to run hundreds of 78s in row. Therefore, I need to go back to 77 or even 76 to farm more 78s but hard to get enough ppl for 77/76 map parties. This is why I don't bother with waiting for full 77/76 map party and instead run those 77 76 maps with mf setup or mf running 78s too if not many ppls are around for map party. It works quite well, these mf soloing has been the main resource for funding my builds and 8/8 challenges.

Another question would come out; what about windripper? I tried that. I had a scion character of mf 200ish or 250/25 wripper TS build. It was great fun as well, it has higher mf but bit low dps. Ele TS or Phys TS have their own pros and cons. But I finally settled with phys for only one reasone: phys TS can run phy ref map but ele TS cant run ele ref map.

iii)

My goal of this char is getting the best dps output with fixed weapon - 310ish harby. Neversink's build and Rangerjayson's build are very helpful. My passive is kinda mixture of those setups. I know it feels very painful to spec into int/str nodes. But those are necessary if I want to switch dps<>mf setup without using regret. I tried hard to tweaking passives but it's the best that I can get out of the 1.3 tree. Any comment for improvement would be appreciated.

Some may wonder why not better bow?. Yes, as bow char, weapon is primary base of final dps output. I was lucky to alter tyrannical/penetrating harby when my TS ranger was 70ish level. I tried et-regal but failed hard ;/ Then Golem Mark comes out, which is really nice bow regarding its release time in challenge league. But the moment it came out is when I just finished 8/8 challenges and was low in terms of currency. The price for it was rising like skyrocket as I grind up more wealths. So I decided not go for it and spend currencies on other builds. So dps out is kinda okish to manage all ref maps wihtout Acuity.

Gearing priority is mentioned over a lot of well-written guides. So I don't want to repeat again. But I want to note one important thing : prepare resist for ele weakness maps. As you may see in def stats, my resists are 103/97/115 in merc. Some may think it's over investment into gears but it's not. In Eleweakness map, we lose 35% resist. So we need 83% resist in merc regarding 27% all resist from purity of elements, or 110% resist if not using purity fo elements. This is why I like Herald of Thunder over Herald of Ice; easy to swap aura in ele weak mod maps. But still it's just theoretical. In practice, there are so many monsters throwing curse on us but I have only 1 flask of warding reserved for the situation against ref monsters. Hence, having 110ish resist in merc (particularly fire/light) is a good buffer for survivality if one want to level up post 90.

Finished writeup that I can think of right now. Any comments would be appreciated.
Last edited by kaleav on Feb 24, 2015, 1:54:53 PM
Hi, quick question:

You say for bandits: Oak/Oak/Alira

But your set up doesn't have a "Power charge on critical" linked to tornado shot so how do you plan on benefitting from power charge and the fact that you have +1 max power charge.

Cool set up otherwise
"
Hi, quick question:

You say for bandits: Oak/Oak/Alira

But your set up doesn't have a "Power charge on critical" linked to tornado shot so how do you plan on benefitting from power charge and the fact that you have +1 max power charge.

Cool set up otherwise

Thank you for looking my spec :)

I am supplying power charges by curse - Assassin's mark. It is not 100% consistent power charges but I can see full power charges up 80-90% of times on maps. Reduced mana - Herald of Thunder - Curse on hit - Assassin's mark is what I, as one lazy player, am using for it.
Last edited by kaleav on Feb 24, 2015, 12:55:42 PM
That amulet is stupidly good.
추천드리와요 칼리브님 ㅎㅎㅎ Thumbs up!
How much unreserved Mana do you have? I have just enough for 3 puncture traps, that's why i opted out of mana flows and specced into primal spirit which gives me some much needed int/str. if you can swing it you can regret master of the arena. so you regret 3 and spend 2 points, 1 point saved.
Secondly if you don't (or wouldn't) need the str from Written in Blood and the int leading up to it i would rather go for Profane Chemistry. The extra life from flasks is just too nice. And as lon as you're there you might have just enough leech and phys dmg to merit vaal pact which is just great imo, especially for reflect maps. Your life is anyway on the highish side so it wouldn't be much of a loss for you, especially since one of the best life nodes on the tree is right besides it. furthermore you get some str and res which let's you drop the light res on one of the ring slots completely (if i calculated correctly). this lets you get int instead and drop another passive point, maybe 2. Or you could replace light res with int on your boots.

lastly: not a big fan of added fire in your ts setup. i know it's for reflect issues but some of those might be solved by taking vaal pact. you should try it out. i'm mostly fine just switching to PtL and I dont have nearly as much life and more damage than you have. inc crit chance would let you max out your crit chance with charges, maybe even drop one charge completely and get another point.

Ofc that's all just pretty unnecessary min-maxing crap :D

Kudos, good guide and give me that amu nao!!
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 26, 2015, 10:52:25 AM
"
That amulet is stupidly good.

Thank you.

"
alkasas wrote:
추천드리와요 칼리브님 ㅎㅎㅎ Thumbs up!

제이슨님 감사합니다 ^^

"
horstkaracho wrote:
How much unreserved Mana do you have? I have just enough for 3 puncture traps, that's why i opted out of mana flows and specced into primal spirit which gives me some much needed int/str. if you can swing it you can regret master of the arena. so you regret 3 and spend 2 points, 1 point saved.
Secondly if you don't (or wouldn't) need the str from Written in Blood and the int leading up to it i would rather go for Profane Chemistry. The extra life from flasks is just too nice. And as lon as you're there you might have just enough leech and phys dmg to merit vaal pact which is just great imo, especially for reflect maps. Your life is anyway on the highish side so it wouldn't be much of a loss for you, especially since one of the best life nodes on the tree is right besides it. furthermore you get some str and res which let's you drop the light res on one of the ring slots completely (if i calculated correctly). this lets you get int instead and drop another passive point, maybe 2. Or you could replace light res with int on your boots.

lastly: not a big fan of added fire in your ts setup. i know it's for reflect issues but some of those might be solved by taking vaal pact. you should try it out. i'm mostly fine just switching to PtL and I dont have nearly as much life and more damage than you have. inc crit chance would let you max out your crit chance with charges, maybe even drop one charge completely and get another point.

Ofc that's all just pretty unnecessary min-maxing crap :D

Kudos, good guide and give me that amu nao!!

Thank you very much for detailed suggestions.

I have 147 unreserved mana in normal setting but it becomes 80 left when I use purity of elements instead of 1 herald. 80 unreserved is enough to cast curse and use skills in ele weakness map but I feel mana is insufficient(cant shoot TS 3 in row, after shoot 2 TS the next attack is normal ;( ) when I go map of ele weakness + half regen or ele weakness + any reflect mode. I tried the primal spirit then I had 125 mana left in normal settup(which is more than enough) but 67 left in settup for ele weak mod maps. I tried few maps and found it is quite squishy in terms of mana supply. Therefore I concluded that mana flows is worth to keep to cover various map mode combinations.

My str stat is 114 which is just over the 109 requirement for lvl 20 reduced mana. My int stat is 154 which is the same as the requirement for lvl 20 herald of thunder. So if I don't specc beyond Coldhearted Calculation, then I need to grab Primal Spirit. That was my old passive in lvl 93 or 94 if I remember correctly.

You are right, I think it's okay to roll int on boots instead of light resists. I've repspecced a 30 int node and use the point in another dmg nodes. Didn't know why I missed this so long time ;)

For the reflect issues, I would rather go for Acuity instead of VP if I cant handle reflects. It would be sometimes later I finally decided spend more currencies for buying better 6L bow. But for now, I don't think my dps is in high dps range which require me VP or Acuity.

Last edited by kaleav on Feb 28, 2015, 5:37:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info