Burn/Prolif OFFICIALLY needs a nerf, GGG. See inside..

UPDATE (2/27): GGG has released a patch (1.3.1d) that has rescaled the hitpoints of the Mirror Arrow clone while buffing other things to compensate for the nerf and give it equal survivability. This effectively has trenched the MI/MA Proliferation build to ~1/5th of its original damage per MA shot.

A well-deserved change to this style of play, and apparently an overlooked piece of code is the reason for it, because apparently it still has almost no problem clearing high maps quickly. But for that, we'll just assume it's the burn/proliferation doing the heavy lifting.. Especially since this build is now slower than a Searing Touch Fire Trapper, but mainly because Fire Trap has a large burst and a longer duration of burn. The proliferation is just as big, of course.

Here's a video of Fire Trap vs. Minion Instability (rescaled) VS. Fire Trap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGp1XeuBkeg

Burn/Prolif still look to be an issue. But thanks for fixing that bug, GGG. 6-man high maps, solo 1-shotting everything with bad gear is stupid as all hell.

--------------------

A man who decided to take on an experimental build that included using Minion Instability, Mirror Arrow clones and low-life has produced a new video of what it's capable of.

This build relies on burn damage and proliferation effects within a wide area. Shoot the Mirror Arrow at low hp = instadeath thanks to Minion Instability. But the burn damage on it isn't exactly what's insane (it definitely is insane, but let's continue). When the Mirror Arrow clone explodes from MI, the proliferation instakill-burn effect proliferates across a huge area, pretty much the entire screen, from a single shot. Think the most OP Flameblast you can recall and then magnify that by quite a bit, and stack speed on top.

Within this video, he goes through a 6-man Courtyard map 1-shotting everything using this build and far from optimal gear. People who've watched it are already suspecting that with the proper gear, even bosses would die in 1 shot from the Mirror Arrow. In a 6 player map.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZkjHHYfHIk

Build is nicknamed Kamikaze Clones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1204796
Try it yourself. Maybe GGG will finally stab the burn/prolif body of the Build Hydra rather than cutting each head off every time a Prolif-related build crops up if everyone runs the single-most broken-as-all-fucking-hell build that probably ever existed.

GGG. Stop nerfing skills directly. Reduce the proliferated effects' damage effectiveness, and maybe the radius just a wee bit.. Oh, and perhaps mess with burn in general. Seriously.
Last edited by Trollenstein on Feb 27, 2015, 1:20:45 AM
cannot do atziri

pfft
your name, your topic, epic
IGN: WildTortillaFart
you can't nerf burn prolif because of this build, it doesnt make any sense.
Just nerf mirrow arrow hp and you are done. And I am even not sure that it deserves a nerf, clear speed is not really good, 4 sec timer is shit.
Any flameblaster crit , even post nerf, would go a lot faster than this.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Feb 24, 2015, 5:35:55 AM
I use a dual strike build that uses

I can tell you I can run in any pack, kill 1 single mob and blow up everything else nearby with elemental prolifiration + herald of ash combo. Fracture maps are a bliss. It's the best char I've had since I started in open beta. There is nothing OP about it, just a good build. Drawback is my survivability, i died 530 times up to level 88. But that is just being melee.

That build you linked is ranged, and nice tbh. But have you seen the nr1 COC build in action? that can clear even faster. Does that need to nerfed aswell?

Just because you can't do that kind of dps doesn't mean it should be nerfed. Most builds in classforum show insane clearspeed/dps. Does that mean all those setups need to be nerfed?

"
Punica1980 wrote:
Just because you can't do that kind of dps doesn't mean it should be nerfed.
You'll never clear the GGG balance team hiring interview with that attitude.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Punica1980 wrote:
Just because you can't do that kind of dps doesn't mean it should be nerfed.
You'll never clear the GGG balance team hiring interview with that attitude.

Seeing as I live on the complete other side of the world from where GGG is stationed, that was never a real option:)

But on a serious note: why is it so bad that some setups do more damage then other? I've played since start open beta, seeing all kinds of videos where people did way way waaaaaay more dps then me. Does that make all those skills/setups OP? Tuning skills is okay, rightout nerfing them because some1 is jealous of the dps is nuts.

Op is asking for nerfed Ele Prol, nerfed range and nerfed burn damage. This is not tuning, this is asking to destroy the setup.

Yes I use this setup myself and I do think it is pretty strong but there is no need of nerfing it IMHO.
It's not like this setup is FotM and everyone is using it like SRS. It doesn't help you kill bosses at all. Heck, I can't even kill Atziri with my char and I do over 200k dps.
Don't post your builds on the internet, there are jelly people everywhere... ;)

It's a great build btw :)
In my opinion this build does not need a nerf because it is just a crappy glass cannon.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
plz no nerferino, prolif allows most OP builds :P
IGN: MsAnnoyance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info