Build of the Week: Sovyn's Block Templar

In counting his block from tree, and block from gear, im only getting around the high 60's. How does he have 75 percent block?
I remember playing this guy back in Nemesis. I didn't really get much damage out of him at that point but it seems stronger today.

Gratz on BotW!
IGN: Veechu
"
CorranHorn wrote:
In counting his block from tree, and block from gear, im only getting around the high 60's. How does he have 75 percent block?

Unless his amulet is now a 3% block, he should have 74 + 59 spell block.

36 tree, 4 tempest, 32 shield, 2 amulet corruption.

74 * .75 + 4 on shield for spell block. It would be more efficient to drop the block sword nodes in ranger and get 2% on gloves + 4% ammy :D.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
borring,,, so sad what a state block is in, compare this shit to old shool block builds pfft.. ggg stop reducing the game... example a real block build= http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/708066
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
hm

not so a amazing build. since block is nerfed.

block itself wasnt nerfed, the amount of block available on the tree was nerfed, why does that make this a not so amazing build? Block does exactly what it always did, a build with 75% block still does what a build with 75% block did before the 'nerf', doesnt effect it at all.

Clearpseed looks fine to me, people get carried away with themselves. Everyone on standard is playing a 2 million dps low life shatter chuck build right? No, theyre not, probably less than 1% of standard league players are playing builds like that.

i been playing diff blockers since the hottest stuff was kripps fressing pulser,,,, let me walk u thrue the facts...

wrong defences in general have all been nerfed... lets see ahh yee shields... starting by removing t1 es role... ahh 2 nerf 17% defence drop on all shields ahh 3 nerf the arm/ev/es quaility 20% was applyed as a extra instead of base bonus to be scaled ahhhhh 4 nerf global block reduction on shields and uniques

and ninja in between all thoes the 2% regen of armor on aegis that is even more heavy nerfed by "3 nerf" since all ure armor values are less and tree dos not realy offer a equiv subsitute... need more explanations?

the fact is today. the only way to build surv is with a high pool, massive damage and instand leach. so dps builds are the tanks nowadays.... GOOD GAME GGG..

facts are all builds done now is simply shadows of potential with older builds, crits nerf, coc gem nerf... trigger gem nerfs (lmao supernova discharge ;D)
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
Last edited by Jauer on Feb 24, 2015, 1:50:40 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Thanks Chris and GGG team :)

My lazy pally build has been through many permutations in the two years since I originally posted, but pretty much the same theme and always stacking block and other defenses in layers. Flexibility of choosing one's favorite attack skill and weapon has always been a core tenet which makes it very accessible for those just starting out.

My current gear / stats in the guide is a little bit outdated as my life, DPS and AOE size went up a bit since then. :) The guide itself is up-to-date for the current patch.

I posted a video of my very rough first attempt at Atziri (it's a win). My skill was lacking, as everyone's probably is on their very first try, but I'm improving. It's a fun fight! I'll have to post a better video at some point.

Hey Sovyn, congrats on the Build of the Week!

Just passing to say that, while I don't play POE anymore, your build was the most fun. Cheap, effective and safe, especially for those with poor internet connections (my case)

Keep up the Lazy Pally dream alive :]
IGN: Ignacius
Just having high block is a build?
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Congrats Sovyn! Been lurking and playing a lazy pally since I came back for torment and I love the build, great for new players and old. Seriously though people stop knocking it if you haven't tried it, just walk into a room and casually watch everything die while you sit there and enjoy the beautiful environments that GGG have created for us.
"
geradon wrote:
edit: those map drops, you can bend reality?

I get crazy good drops while filming, so I'm starting to suspect this is the case. If only I could harness this when I play my own characters...
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
edit: those map drops, you can bend reality?

I get crazy good drops while filming, so I'm starting to suspect this is the case. If only I could harness this when I play my own characters...

The game misinterprets filming as streaming, and gives you PoE's built-in twitch streamer luck.

What, you don't know what your own programmers have coded in?

Try Havoc's 4th chance orb on a Promenade map the day Hall of Grandmasters was released, or that guy that chanced a Kaom's on stream, or that guy that gave his shav's a +1 corruption on stream, or when Kripp chanced a vaults of atziri soon after it was released way back when....

Streamer luck is so insane :P

(one might call it confirmation bias based on recordings from popular streams, but I watched two of those 4 events as they happened live, and my luck doesn't begin to compare, considering I play 10x as often as I watch. The statistics just don't match up! :P)

(I don't actually believe in streamer luck but it's a fun thing to joke about)
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 24, 2015, 4:37:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info