unlock code

It's also kind of random. Some days, you need no code and no type in password again. some days you need only type password. Some days you need only code, some days both.man...it.just.sucks.ass!
At least they should let us add the IP range of our ISP or so.
And this is enabled all time, problem solved, period.
At least it seems it has stabilized over the past 2 days. I fear for the weekend though.
It's not random. There's a very good reason that it sometimes asks and other times doesn't.

It's based on geolocation. You have a dynamic IP. Do you shut your internet off nightly? If so, try not doing that for a few days if you can.

If you need more details on how it works for clarification, let me know.
Can anyone pls tell me HOW THE FUCK i am supposed to change my Email adress, if my bloody provider holds back the confirmation mail to my current adress long enough to let its validation expire? I can't play the game anymore an there is NOTHING i can do about it.

Btw: I get unlock codes all the time i try to log in, becase i suffer from a bloody mess of a (physical) net here in my town, where I connect from a new location with every login.

So this game is dead for me? Thanks a lot. -.-

Edit: Just got a message from GGG... at least YOU are doing your job properly folks, thx a lot!
Edit2: Email is sent from a provider I put more trust in. :)
Last edited by fritz_dreck on Feb 26, 2015, 4:25:14 PM
"
fritz_dreck wrote:
Can anyone pls tell me HOW THE FUCK i am supposed to change my Email adress, if my bloody provider holds back the confirmation mail to my current adress long enough to let its validation expire? I can't play the game anymore an there is NOTHING i can do about it.

Btw: I get unlock codes all the time i try to log in, becase i suffer from a bloody mess of a (physical) net here in my town, where I connect from a new location with every login.

We can look into changing it for you manually - just email us at support@grindinggear.com
"
fritz_dreck wrote:

Edit: Just got a message from GGG... at least YOU are doing your job properly folks, thx a lot!
Edit2: Email is sent from a provider I put more trust in. :)

I know that some people don't really like Steam, but it is a good option to avoid this frustration of having to manually unlock all the time. Plus, Steam sales! :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I know that some people don't really like Steam, but it is a good option to avoid this frustration of having to manually unlock all the time. Plus, Steam sales! :)

What I really like about the game is the absence of a stupid sales platform excused as an essential portal client. And I would only need the steam client for the authentification. So I hope for a better connection.
Understandable, if I wasn't so addicted to purchasing-low-cost-random-games-that-I-had-never-heard-of-and-then-almost-immediately-regretting-it-once-I-get-around-to-playing-them, I would probably forgo Steam as well.

IIRC, GGG can also disable the unlock system for you - but I think they strongly advise against it (there were some problems early in the game lifecycle with accounts being hacked etc.)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
For me it's definitely a weekend problem. Today the mail came in 2sec after I pressed "resend".
Together with ~10 mails from the weekend where I could not play (again).
So the question is now, which f**king mailserver does hoard my mails until monday morning :(
NSA, any1?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info