unlock code

Hi
are your email servers currently under high load, in the past couple of days I got no unlock code in the first hour(!!) therefore could'nt play at all / buy stashtab last weekend.
Very annoying feature either please let us disable it or have better email servers that can handle it.
Currently waiting again for that mail, gonna play D3 so long.

:/
Most of the time, the problems with unlock codes is NOT from GGG's sending, but from the user's receiving.

Are you by chance using gmx, or web.de? What about Yahoo! webmail?

These have been known to have issues lately, and it's recommended to swap to gmail if you can for your PoE account email.

There are a couple of reason why gmail is a great choice for your PoE account email.

One of the reasons is that GGG also uses gmail as their email provider, so the emails to other gmail users are delivered instantly. The majority of the time, the unlock code is in my email before I can swap tabs and open it.

Another reason you should use gmail is that gmail provides a fantastic implementation of 2-factor authentication called 2-Step Verification. This helps keep your account safe by making sure you have an unlock code for your email using a physical device. Not sure if you've ever used an RSA token, or the Blizzard Authenticator for a WoW account or similar, but it's basically the same thing. It keeps your email account safe because hackers need access to the physical device to gain access to your email account. By extension, if your email is secure, so is your PoE account since the hackers would need access to your email to unlock your PoE account (as you are experiencing now).

Keep in mind that in order to change your email over to use gmail, it requires a confirmation email be sent to the ORIGINAL address.... and if you don't have access to that, or it isn't receiving the GGG emails, then it will be a bit difficult to verify the change in email. If this takes too long, you can instead email GGG support from your original email address and ask for their assistance in changing your email over to the new gmail account. Make sure you provide them with the gmail email and also make sure you tell them that you are having issues receiving their emails to your current account so that they don't attempt to email you back through that method.

It also might be good to open a dialog through a private message to the Support account here in the forums since email delivery is an issue.

You can find their email address in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.

Good luck.
Last edited by Drakier on Feb 23, 2015, 12:01:29 PM
i send e-mail to support but dunno when i get answer.

i didnt want this verification process.

im back from work, wanted to have nice time and i have to wait ages untill support gives me a unlock code.

last auto-email with code i got after 10h from request. gg ggg
"
kiernoz wrote:
gg ggg

As I said in my prior post, it's not generally a GGG issue... there was only one time I saw that it could have been considered a GGG issue, and it was actually a gmail issue, not a GGG issue.

Chances are, the problem is with YOUR email provider.

Read posts in a thread before posting
the problem is locking acounts becouse of location change.
"
kiernoz wrote:
the problem is locking acounts becouse of location change.

It's to keep your account safe.

It's better to log into your account and be asked for an unlock code rather than logging into your account to find it stripped/empty.

It might be a little hassle if you have crappy email service, but it is infinitely better than a hacked account.
oh come on, you sai it like every account in this game is hacked.

protection of my password is my business. game is unplayable to me right now.

i dont want location block.

fe. if im traveling by train with mobile internet, should i put an unlock code every time i change my gsm point? it is stupid security.
"
kiernoz wrote:
oh come on, you sai it like every account in this game is hacked.

protection of my password is my business. game is unplayable to me right now.

i dont want location block.

fe. if im traveling by train with mobile internet, should i put an unlock code every time i change my gsm point? it is stupid security.

I take it you weren't here in Beta before they implemented the security.

It's all fine and well you think you can protect your password and it is your business, but keep in mind that your account is not YOUR account... it's GGG's account and they want to keep their game safe and their economy in tact. If/When accounts get hacked, it becomes their problem to deal with... so it is as much for their own protection as it is for yours.

Also, if you have issues with the security system in place, send them an email and they can work with you on some possible different options... keep in mind however that disabling the security in general is not a good idea.

Lastly, if you don't like GGG's security, link your account to Steam and use theirs instead (if Steam PoE is available for your region). The Steam client doesn't use the same security as the GGG client does, and doesn't require unlock codes.

If you have a problem, you simply need to clearly ask about it and get assistance. You don't need to say snarky comments like "gg ggg" to get help. Just lose the attitude and entitlement and simply ask for assistance. We're more than willing to help users who are properly seeking assistance.

Good luck.
Last edited by Drakier on Feb 23, 2015, 3:00:57 PM
it is terrible annoying. that why im angry. this is not a solution.

if there is a way to dissable security option, i would be happy
"
kiernoz wrote:
it is terrible annoying. that why im angry. this is not a solution.

if there is a way to dissable security option, i would be happy

Email them as I suggested. Address is in the Contact Support link at the top of the page.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info