Good

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
So, any thoughts on the oscars? Birdman was a damn solid movie, well deserved reward and I sure as hell am glad that this gimmicky hackjob called Boyhood didn't get shit.

Fuck the Oscars. I thought birdman stunk. Boyhood was also garbage though so i agree with you there.

Inherent Vice, Gone Girl and A Most Violent Year were my picks for last year's best

Gone girl is epic, true that.
I might have looked a bit too much at Birdmans visuals and general execution, quality of acting and obviously camerawork which is something I pay a lot of attention too. But to be honest I was hoping that Whiplash will win because holy shit, that movie was a nice suprise.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
ya the overall effect of birdman was original ill give it that. I just cant stand Keaton so in a way it was dead in the water the moment I started watching it. Gone Girl was just..ya.

Cinematography in AMVY was unfuckinreal. They captured gritty 80s nyc so well. I think i've watched it half a dozen times now. It wears its Drive influences on its sleeve and I fkn love that. I can get obsessive with the films that really draw me in
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
SkyCore wrote:
Iv recently been enlightened as to the nature of intelligence by a youtube video by Prof. Alex Wissner-Gross. In it he states that intelligence is fundamentally the maximizing of future freedom of action.

Phssthpok and Vandervecken would disagree with you 180 degrees. The illusion of freedom of choice is caused by lack of information and the intelligence to completely understand and think through the options. Given Pak Protector intelligence, there will be only one correct choice for any situation.

Freedom of action would be a parameter, like the setting on the thermostat, rather than a goal, like staying warm, which would be morality.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Veracocha wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:

Consequentially lies and useless information not only dont facilitate future freedom, but indeed retard it.

And what is wrong with totalitarianism when you have more freedom, more resources, and more knowledge sharing than any other possible state?

You hold onto some negative connotation of totalitarianism despite its negative properties being completely absent.

People talk about totalitarianism, without understanding what totality really is.

It is a great transparent insect, something betwixt a terrene nudibranch and a coelenterate. Toasted properly over brazier, it provides a flavourless and non-nutritious snack.

Cugel would call it junk food. It's certainly not worthy of a whole system of government, or spending five hundred years to devolve onto a matrix of stone whorls as Pharesm did.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
SkyCore wrote:

I assert that the greater good IS the maximum future freedom.

This, essentially is what all dictatorships claim, with their own definition of greater good. That greater good might be a maximal number of island getaways, fancy cars and beautiful lovers for the leader, and constant work and oppression for the common people so they can continue to provide the "greater good" for the leadership.

I keep hearing mathematical formula, but I have yet to see you provide a formula or even a hint of one. Is it logarithmic? Hyperbolic? How many factors? Are there a few constants, or just variables?

I'm not being obtuse here. In science - real science that can be tested by others and most importantly is falsifiable - you should have some data points. Plot those data points on a graph. That graph will have a shape. That shape determines the mathematical relationship between your causes and effects. If there is no shape, than no conclusive determinations can be made as to cause and effect.

The math please.
Insects love shit or stuff that smells like shit.

Now if we consider humans are mere insect's compared to the bigger entity's at play within our universe it stands to reason we also enjoy shit on our level of perception.

Therefore i say we are doing perfectly fine cause i find myself surrounded by shit at all times.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Insects love shit or stuff that smells like shit.

Now if we consider humans are mere insect's compared to the bigger entity's at play within our universe it stands to reason we also enjoy shit on our level of perception.

Therefore i say we are doing perfectly fine cause i find myself surrounded by shit at all times.

Peace,

-Boem-

Very astute observation. Do you have any experience with this?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

Cinematography in AMVY was unfuckinreal. They captured gritty 80s nyc so well. I think i've watched it half a dozen times now. It wears its Drive influences on its sleeve and I fkn love that. I can get obsessive with the films that really draw me in

Ok, will check it out. I liked Margin Call, one of previos movies from this dude.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Boem wrote:
bigger entity's at play within our universe
Where?

We are not on a shit level of perception. From all we can tell, we are it - the noisy intelligent life in the fuckin universe. Not a good look on the universe, but it's not our fault it hasn't shat out something smarter. It is up to us to rise up from the shit on our own, not to wait for an extraterrestrial Santa Claus to rescue us from it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Boem wrote:
bigger entity's at play within our universe
Where?

We are not on a shit level of perception. From all we can tell, we are it - the most intelligent life in the fuckin universe. Not a good look on the universe, but it's not our fault it hasn't shat out something smarter. It is up to us to rise up from the shit on our own, not to wait for an extraterrestrial Santa Claus to rescue us from it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info