Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

I'd actually say D3 wins in some categories that said PoE wins, and vice versa.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
An infographic representing the subjective viewpoints of a guy on the internet.

How useful.
"
Pathological wrote:

How useful.

If you exchange "An infographic" with "a posting" you have created a very funny posting that is not useful at all.

@POE being hard: fine with it. But it is frustrating too (sometimes). But anyways: it does not help if d3's endgame content is named "senseless" while grinding the same maps over and over again in poe is called awesome endgame. That's that biased shit that comes along with this topic every time.

And good luck with "crafting".
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Aug 3, 2015, 8:57:39 AM
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:

How useful.

If you exchange "An infographic" with "a posting" you have created a very funny posting that is not useful at all.

@POE being hard: fine with it. But it is frustrating too (sometimes). But anyways: it does not help if d3's endgame content is named "senseless" while grinding the same maps over and over again in poe is called awesome endgame. That's that biased shit that comes along with this topic every time.

My post and this post combined took me ~11 seconds to write.

That infographic didn't.
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:

How useful.

Bang on. I hope they announce the new xpac at blizzcon this year
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
He lost me when I saw him make a post saying Greater Rifts were difficult past level 50. It's simply not true, it's purely a gear wall. That's how Diablo 3 works, they fabricate their difficulty behind a gear wall. You don't feel an accomplishment because you slightly tweaked your passive tree to beat some difficult content, or you rearranged your flasks to deal with a lightning damage boss, or you simply outmaneuvered it. In Diablo 3 you either spend enough time to get all the best gear, or you don't and you clear low content instead.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
I'm sorry, this comparison was utter trash.

Not having currency is 150% more effective then having ? What are you, a god damn caveman ? No money is stupid. Not to mention that orbs in POE take space, stash space , oodles and oodles of stash tabs in fact, real money ones.

Comparable graphics ? POE melts graphic cards and looks atrocious compared to D3, skills don't have their own light sources, even D2 has dynamic lighting and that game is almost twenty years old.

No companions in POE ? Eve though this comparison is based before the release of golems, anime guardian still existed and it can be frikkin amazing in a 6 link as a heal bot, taunting tank, aura bot and so forth, so again, OP is clueless.

Appreciating the stone age barter system of POE which revolves around interacting with the scum of the earth ? While in contrast, in D3 you get whatever the heck you need directly as drops ?

I don't even ...
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
Last edited by MegaDeth666 on Aug 3, 2015, 4:20:38 PM
"
Nasreth wrote:
He lost me when I saw him make a post saying Greater Rifts were difficult past level 50. It's simply not true, it's purely a gear wall. That's how Diablo 3 works, they fabricate their difficulty behind a gear wall. You don't feel an accomplishment because you slightly tweaked your passive tree to beat some difficult content, or you rearranged your flasks to deal with a lightning damage boss, or you simply outmaneuvered it. In Diablo 3 you either spend enough time to get all the best gear, or you don't and you clear low content instead.

Umm isn't this what we do in PoE as well? You aren't getting passed the harder content by switching out a flask and "outmaneuvering" stuff.

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

Umm isn't this what we do in PoE as well? You aren't getting passed the harder content by switching out a flask and "outmaneuvering" stuff.

Except you could RMT 1000 dollars worth of gear and still get stuck in 78 maps in PoE due to lack of skill, build knowledge, etc.

That much gear in Diablo would have you breezing through GR50s with your eyes closed.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
Nasreth wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Nasreth wrote:

Except you could RMT 1000 dollars worth of gear and still get stuck in 78 maps in PoE due to lack of skill, build knowledge, etc.

That much gear in Diablo would have you breezing through GR50s with your eyes closed.

Bringing up RMT is beside the point and irrelevant. I don't see how one has more of a gear check than the other. They're different beasts, yes. One thing they do have in common is gear checks though. A good ARPG has them, can't get around that. This isn't Dark Souls, not everything's a skill check.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info