Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

"
The fuck is even going on here now lol

Too much time spent on something not worth it. GD in a nutshell.
"
"
"
I'm sure they are.

You're still allowing yourselves to be trolled by a nobody with a blog.

Seriously.

No one is being trolled. The website is well done and the guy gave his opinion which people are responding to in kind. If you have a list of "somebodies", then please provide them...

Stress mine. It means nothing.

And no, you don't have to list 'somebodies' to recognise a nobody. This has all been a very successful self-promotion endeavour. VERY. It's genuinely embarrassing how well it worked, but eh, this community is nothing if not rabid for D3 meat, especially if that meat has the courage to declare itself better than PoE.

The fact that the OP tried to post a new 'updated' thread linking to precisely the same article, but with a few amendments based on what was said here, indicates to me that they see this as quite the attention farm for an otherwise very low traffic but admittedly well made site.

And it's all the result of saying something that would absolutely be controversial here but wouldn't have raised even a blip in any other community.

But whatevs. Carry on.

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
"
"
I'm sure they are.

You're still allowing yourselves to be trolled by a nobody with a blog.

Seriously.

No one is being trolled. The website is well done and the guy gave his opinion which people are responding to in kind. If you have a list of "somebodies", then please provide them...

Stress mine. It means nothing.

And no, you don't have to list 'somebodies' to recognise a nobody. This has all been a very successful self-promotion endeavour. VERY. It's genuinely embarrassing how well it worked, but eh, this community is nothing if not rabid for D3 meat, especially if that meat has the courage to declare itself better than PoE.

The fact that the OP tried to post a new 'updated' thread linking to precisely the same article, but with a few amendments based on what was said here, indicates to me that they see this as quite the attention farm for an otherwise very low traffic but admittedly well made site.

And it's all the result of saying something that would absolutely be controversial here but wouldn't have raised even a blip in any other community.

But whatevs. Carry on.

Apropos my post, above, the debate evolves as the games do. As there is still interest in the contrast/comparison of PoE/D3, there is nothing wrong with an ongoing debate; if nothing else, it helps crystallize at least some aspects of both games for more detailed consideration.

As for your rather heated (and repeated) reactions to this, I'd have to say the only troll, here, is you. The guy with the blog may be a nobody, but, so what? He may or may not be getting off to the heaps of attention he's garnered by posting his pretty and controversial page, but at least he's not doing so with any malice, far from it. His responses, even to the most acerbic posters on his comments section, have been well-reasoned (from his own POV) and polite. He hasn't called anybody any names, nor has he implied that anybody has been fooled into anything, perforce implying that they lack sense or intellect.

You could borrow a few notes from his approach, my friend. For my part, I dislike being castigated (even indirectly) for my choice of forum debate. If, as is clear, this thread and its originator distress you, find something else to read. Dun keep bashing us for not hewing to your opinion. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Do you think it pisses Blizzard off that they are being compared to an Indie game from a podunk little shit-splat like New Zealand? :)

I know I do :3
I like many kinds of games 😊
"
Do you think it pisses Blizzard off that they are being compared to an Indie game from a podunk little shit-splat like New Zealand? :)

For sure, after selling more than 20 mil. copies and having millions of active players all around the world, they got highly disturbed of a presence of an indie company with 50-100k max player base.
I guess Blizzard's CEO is on his way to shut servers down.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
The guy who did this review wrote that D3 have environment of higher quality & presentation & I wonder is this dude blind or have some mental-deranged illness that not allow him to separate that this

cartoonistic fugly washed-out piece of shit that have a strong feel that some random dude did it using the map editor from Warcraft 3 is actually nothing like this

who only a blind can't see how well made, pretty & realistic is & there is no doubt that a world made with those kind of graphics & artistic value have much higher change to engross you on it's world & surroundings, so as I said I can't stop wondering is this guy & other like him who believe that D3 looks better than PoE out of their minds or what? because I can't seriously comprehend for what they are talking about...

"
Fusion_Power wrote:
Diablo 3 is more casual and PoE is more for the hardcore crowd. At the moment I prefer D3 due no stress tolerance of mine and the 1 year I only played PoE was actualy mostly stress where alot was caused due desync and it's mean consequences. Also the performance still sucks compared to D3, sadly. So my problems were more technical but also the hardcore aspect and the fact that I prefer solo/selffound made me quit PoE which is a pure group/trading oriented game.

These 2 games may represent the opposite of philosophy. I would LIKE to have a game right in between. More complex than D3 but not as hardcore as PoE. Game, where are you? ^^"

But but but d3 is not poe doe d3 auto lose.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
torturo wrote:
"

For sure, after selling more than 20 mil. copies and having millions of active players all around the world, they got highly disturbed of a presence of an indie company with 50-100k max player base.

Battlenet is being shut down due to diablo 3 being a major flop selling only 20 million copies + expansion packs.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
torturo wrote:
"

Battlenet is being shut down due to diablo 3 being a major flop selling only 20 million copies + expansion packs.

There is no accounting for taste :)

Seriously, volume implies nothing in and of itself.

Britney Spear's first album sold 30M copies*. Her next album sold 24M copies*. She has sold over 100M over the course of her career. Does that mean we should all love her music? Does that make her music good?

The answer? Maybe. It depends on who you are and what you like. I've personally never bought a Britney Spears album....I can't say the same for my wife.

Anyway -- it's a basis to show popularity and that's about it.

(*I used Wikipedia for this, so take it with a grain of salt...more for arguments sake than 100% accuracy)
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 9, 2015, 7:35:25 PM
Leave britney along...

Reminded me a very viral video.

D3 rode on Diablo 2s glory just like PoE rode on D2 glory as well... so that point is kinda moot. If blizzard never made diablo 2 PoE will cease to exist.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info