Detailed overview of Diablo 3 vs. Path of Exile

Read: "The storyline in D3 is well done" scoffed and needed to read no more to see where this was going.

Noblesse oblige
"
Read: "The storyline in D3 is well done" scoffed and needed to read no more to see where this was going.

but everyone with a non-stupid mind knows D3 storyline is still better than PoE... it is a comparo after all.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"

but everyone with a non-stupid mind knows D3 storyline is still better than PoE... it is a comparo after all.

literally worse than twilight
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
groelle wrote:
scrolled to trading, saw "poe needs to implement auction house" didnt read a single thing more.

uninformed idiots making a comparison, who the fuck needs that?
Yeah, poe doesn't need to implement one because it already has.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
PoE has the best writing, for me, of any ARPG I've ever played. I love the 1970s Heavy Metal feel without the usual modern bullshit irony or jokes the likes of Tim Schafer have to crowbar in. The general darkness and depressing hell landscape of Wraeclast is pretty original in video games.

After over 3 decades playing video games I consider maybe 5 to have decent writing. Path, maybe most surprisingly to me, is one of them.

I assume people who think it is shitty are still into Cloud versus Seperoth and other childish JRPG horseshit still.
Last edited by FireWalkWithMe on Mar 2, 2015, 11:31:43 PM
I love well written games, even if they are light on actual plot (D1, D2, Thief trilogy, Shin Megami Tensei series, and maybe Dark Souls).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Pewzor wrote:

What does it even mean? :DDD "non-stupid mind". This is an official term now.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Best ^ bump ever.
It might be interesting to observe whether the author continues to iterate his review as PoE evolves. He apparently made one such change, and acknowledges that the 1.4 patch will herald significant improvements to PoE. Some of his points may require revision, as time goes on.

While it is typically a poor idea to count one's chickens while only in possession of a basket full of eggs, PoE is still on track to grow substantially. GGG has hinted at many things which they have not explicitly stated in regards to future development, and not merely a new act or remediation of the obvious technical issues. Blizzivision, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have much going on for D3. So, one area which this "reviewer" might do well to consider adding is "growth potential."

Ask yourself: In the next 12 months, which game is likely to add more for the players to enjoy? Over the next two years? Five?

There is a lot to be anticipated with the advent of PoE 1.4; however, it bears consideration that there are certainly exciting things which will have had to be tabled until that release is complete, as well. Let's see what the next few months have to offer. =^[.]^=

=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
It might be interesting to observe whether the author continues to iterate his review as PoE evolves. He apparently made one such change, and acknowledges that the 1.4 patch will herald significant improvements to PoE. Some of his points may require revision, as time goes on.

While it is typically a poor idea to count one's chickens while only in possession of a basket full of eggs, PoE is still on track to grow substantially. GGG has hinted at many things which they have not explicitly stated in regards to future development, and not merely a new act or remediation of the obvious technical issues. Blizzivision, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have much going on for D3. So, one area which this "reviewer" might do well to consider adding is "growth potential."

Ask yourself: In the next 12 months, which game is likely to add more for the players to enjoy? Over the next two years? Five?

There is a lot to be anticipated with the advent of PoE 1.4; however, it bears consideration that there are certainly exciting things which will have had to be tabled until that release is complete, as well. Let's see what the next few months have to offer. =^[.]^=

Great point, potential future expansion provides hope -- a reason to continue. I know it's silly to apply such thoughts to gaming but this is our chosen recreation. Hope isn't a bad thing. I lost hope in D3 a long time ago, and that was the last day I played it. It's important.

FYI, you are still the holder of my favorite signature line:

"If you QUIT, yet linger on the PoE forum, it is clear you have nowhere better to be."
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 8, 2015, 9:03:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info