Merciless more like Senseless

"
silumit wrote:
Did that invincible mob have orange bubble and had the words "Proximity shield" in its properties (on mouse-over)? This particular mod really makes the mob invincible... as long as you try attacking it from outside of its shield.

Nope, I know those ones you just get in the sphere with them and instant death is upon them.

You got the golden ones, blue ones but the ones I mean I think they are red, they are stronger than the rest, see them in vaal dungeons, when strongbox opens. They are like the 3 bandits.

Encounterd one yesterday just before that was an altar of speed, with the enhanched speed I did sone magic damage, the damage didn't regenerate, when altar time was up I stopped doing it damage. Summoned normal skeletons next to it and kept doing so untill it was dead, they killed it easy.

"
You got the golden ones, blue ones but the ones I mean I think they are red, they are stronger than the rest
So... unique, then. Well they do have a ton of hp and good resists. And if it had something like innate regen + regen aura + ele resist, then yeah, you could be unable to kill it. Some combinations of mods are just unbeatable for some builds (or beatable only with radical change of tactics), nothing wrong with it.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Thornrunner the serpent in Vaal dungeon. Met it again, with penetrate and conductivity together, it shoudn't have had any resistance left.

If it has all kinds of regen, why doesn't it regen the damage done with melee by the skeletons.

2.5 attacks per second at about 6k dps (avarage damage per second so i read), 75% max resist I took away half and penetrate the other half. But I seem to be the only one who has this bug. I'll avoid them.
Thornrunner's ability's from the PoE-wikipedia

People just asked you if you know about proximity shield....

"
Proximity Shield
Uses Firestorm with spike projectiles
Quick
Fast Attacks
Extra Projectiles
Chaos Damage
Resists Elemental Damage
Resists Chaos

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 26, 2015, 2:46:53 PM
How close do you have to be, been almost next to it using decoy totems?
"
Cilicis wrote:
How close do you have to be, been almost next to it using decoy totems?

You need to be inside the proximity shield to damage him.

So if he moves away before you get to cast, your not gonna damage him.

Try using "bear trap" to hold him in place. It's suppose to be a side/mini boss, they provoke different tactics and styles in order to beat them.

It's there reason why they exist. Arguably this one is a bitch though, your not the only one that finds him a bummer. So it it's really taking you to long, you might wanna skip him and farm another zone with a different vaal instance.

Peace,

-Boem-
I lured it to exit where it has less room to move and I have time to get out if it doesn't go right. Used totems to keep it in the hallway but nothing it drops is worth all that work, now I see it's that bugger I just go out. I'll just play and leave the work for work.

Thx for your help.
Last edited by Cilicis on Feb 26, 2015, 3:26:02 PM
"
Cilicis wrote:
I lured it to exit where it has less room to move and I have time to get out if it doesn't go right. Used totems to keep it in the hallway but nothing it drops is worth all that work, now I see it's that bugger I just go out. I'll just play and leave the work for work.

Thx for your help.

For most people he's not worth the time :).

He's more aimed for a trapper build, since they can attack him from outside of the bubble.

(traps count as the source of damage, and that's inside the bubble)

Many people skip this annoying vaal boss, don't feel bad :'D.

Peace,

-Boem-

(i suggest, you try searching the wiki if you have another issue, maybe the information is available there or a google search and if those yield nothing, make a thread :) )
To many people write something else about about the same thing. I figure I talk about it here I get response from actual players.

The brown Items, I thought those are Unique, 1 of a kind? Cause I seem to have 1 double wondering if it is a bug.
They are unique's, but not "1 of a kind".

Unique represents the highest rarity tier. That does not mean you can't find multiple of the same unique, they just drop little compared to rare(yellow) items.

Peace,

-Boem-

(again, this information is available online)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info