Merciless more like Senseless

I did a little digging and found your passive and gear in a previous post. My thoughts:

I notice you are stacking ES on gear, but you don't have Ghost Reaver or Choas Inoculation. This means in battle, your ES has no way to recover (unless you go stand in the corner for 10 sec). However, I don't recommend you go Chaos Inoculation, because it requires very expensive gear to be decent at least.

You need more life in passive and on gear. You could possibly grab Eldrich Battery and convert the little ES you have on gear into mana. More mana means more mana regen (usually a ton more with EB). You could possibly run Arctic Armor for added defense.

You're spec'd into a lot of damage, you have almost no added life on gear, and you have no strategic defenses (such as arctic armor, mind over matter, phase acrobatics, etc).

Typically, if you don't have at LEAST 2500 life in a3 merc, you're gonna have a tough time.
Also looking at your gems/links, I notice you're not using life leech gem. It is not possible to rely on flasks alone (for 90% builds).

Added Chaos damage gem is pretty bad for most builds.

I'm seeing 2x 3L Vaal Sparks. Vaal gems share souls, so running 2 gems makes them take twice the time to charge. This is most often not ideal.
I have 2500 life. Found out about the soul sharing removed 1 spark. I'm trying to get more Health on my gear but whenever I get something with health the rest of the stats or to crapy to use. I am trying more evade now but problem with that is I don't get blue sockets on those seems only gear with ES, for magic users, seems to get all blue and with 90% of the spells and support gems being blue that is kind of what I need.

Act 3 feasterbeast (rock special with name in red) totaly immuum to magic attacks only thing that hurt it was the melee from my standard skeleton I hit it a minute or 2 without any result. Earlier in a vaal dungeon a red serpent name in red as well same thing magic didn't do anything against it.

You keep saying I do things wromg but kind of strange I kill everything with magic not always before they kill me but I get them down and just these 2 and the 2 yesterday I can't harm in any way with magic. But my skeletons that don't do anywhere near my damage killed them with melee.

Seems to me something wrong with these monsters instead of my incorrect playing or I would have this problem with a lot more monsters.
Is it possible that the monsters you describe have high resistances and have some form of regeneration?

It could look like they take no damage, but in reality they might simply be regenerating the damage you apply to them.

Have you tried lowering there resistances with a curse and linking your spell with a "xelement penetration" support gem?

Peace,

-Boem-

(to be clear, nothing is completely immune to damage in this game)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I forget curses if I have them with me so kind of stopped taking them along. It is my understanding that resistance is capped at 75% max even if they have 200 it should cap it at 75. I penatrate 31% leaves them with 44% with 3200 max damage I should have seen some reduction in life. Or don't the resistance cap apply to NPC. Kind of bummer that they only resist magic the skeletons had no problem with them.

Don't know if this is a bug or not I should have 15% chance of shock, at char info it says 15% but at my attack it says 10%
I am assuming you play arc?

This has 10% implicit shock chance.

So you probably took another 5% shock chance node in the passive tree, in your character screen this get's added up to 15%.

You have 15% shock chance :)

Do the monsters have regeneration? There are two thing to take notice off.

1) arc has an "unstable" damage output, it goes from 5 damage to 600 or something like that(just an example)
So it is entirely possible to do 4 cast's and see very little damage being done.

Now if a monster has high lightning resistances (the golems are lightning resistance for example) this gets reduced even more, so a low hit will do basically nothing.

2) if they have regeneration or life leach, coupled with 1) you might perceive they take no damage when in fact they do, but they regenerate it instantly.

Either way, take your curse with you as a spellcaster it is extremely powerful to reduce resistances on monsters.

Also unique monsters are suppose to be a tougher fight :) don't expect them to roll over like white/blue mobs etc.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
this reads like you selfcast skeletons as some kind of meathshield and throw some spells at the monster till it is dead the weak powered spell get absorbed and you think the monster is magic immune

this might work in fact it works great but not this way
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 25, 2015, 3:40:03 PM
Finished Merciless despite the roughed start.
"
Cilicis wrote:
Is it right act 2 crossroads in Merciles there are specials that can not be harmed with magic? While everything else I hit did in 1-2 hits the special got no damage what so ever, finaly got enough souls for vaal skeletons en it died in a second. Bit further in a vaal dungeon again a special that didn't take any damage what so ever from magic. Skeletons, normal ones, didn't stand a change but were able to hurt it. in the brief milisecond they stayed a live.
Did that invincible mob have orange bubble and had the words "Proximity shield" in its properties (on mouse-over)? This particular mod really makes the mob invincible... as long as you try attacking it from outside of its shield.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Feb 25, 2015, 10:00:20 PM
"
Cilicis wrote:
Finished Merciless despite the roughed start.

Good for you. Just keep one-upping your gear and tweaking your tree. I also recommend, for a newer player, to not embark on crafting projects. Grind what content you can and save for something that will help that is within reach. Maybe save up 8exa or so and buy an unlinked Pledge of Hands, or something substantial enough to be a game changer for your toon.

Also, in terms of managing your own expectations for your build, you must bare in mind many build guides you'll find on the web promise they work well with lesser gear. This is often overly optimistic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info