Summoner keystone/unique

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:

...usually are the ones not worth bumping.
/Graveyard

Since you were unable to read the first post properly, I will not value your input on this matter too highly.

But it does appear that people do not care much for summoners :(

Summoners, or anyone with minions, are always my favorites. Problem with PoE, is that they have every possible disadvantage and don't have any advantages.
summoners could use a rework, something i always wanted was more specific nodes across the tree, for instance:

skeletons nodes in the witch area
zombies nodes in the shadow area
specters nodes in the templar area
animated guardian nodes in the marauder-duelist area
etc...

all with their unique specific keystones like:
split soul: 30% less global damage. when the char uses a melee skill, animated guardian will olso cast the same skill (same damage and effects) on his target.

or

rotting gass: zombies deal 5% of their max health per second as chaos damage around them

or

explosive bones(minion instability rework): skeletons gain 30% movment speed, on death they will deal 40% of their health as phys damage, when they attack they die.

specific nodes would need to be stronger for instance 10% increace minions health will go to 20% increace zombies health.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Feb 28, 2015, 4:48:07 PM
"
caboom wrote:
summoners could use a rework, something i always wanted was more specific nodes across the tree, for instance:

skeletons nodes in the witch area
zombies nodes in the shadow area
specters nodes in the templar area
animated guardian nodes in the marauder-duelist area
etc...

all with their unique specific keystones like:
split soul: 30% less global damage, 15% less HP and ES. when the char uses a skill, animated guardian will olso cast the same skill (same damage and effects) on his target.

or

rotting gass: zombies deal 5% of their max health per second as chaos damage around them

or

explosive bones(minion instability rework): skeletons gain 30% movment speed, on death they will deal 40% of their health as phys damage, when they attack they die.

specific nodes would need to be stronger for instance 10% increace minions health will go to 20% increace zombies health.

This has so many problems with it.
"
Natharias wrote:

like?

spreaded nodes means more variety, from hibryd fighter/animated guardian builds to diferent kind of summoners with completle diferent gameplay.

just to clarify dont take those numbers as real, i invented them for the sake of showing the concept.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
caboom wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:

like?

spreaded nodes means more variety, from hibryd fighter/animated guardian builds to diferent kind of summoners with completle diferent gameplay.

just to clarify dont take those numbers as real, i invented them for the sake of showing the concept.

Spreading nodes will cause the following:

1. More nodes to be added so that the same effect that can currently be reached can still be reached after the nodes are moved throughout the entire skill tree. It would simply be stupid and impossible to make summoners if the same amount of nodes with the same value were spread out more.

2. All builds can currently become a summoner, though only two are really good at it. If minion nodes are spread out everywhere it balances out the equation. But on the same hand, it makes it harder to balance each minion node and the amount of minion nodes.

If nodes become minion specific?

Certain minions will become considerably more powerful. If SRS nodes are in the Shadow area, just about all SRS builds will be shadows in a very short period of time. It defeats the purpose of any build being anything.

1. Minion nodes must be general. Specific minion nodes will favor specific minions, based on the current metagame.

2. Minion nodes have to be obtainable by a single build. I do agree there needs to be more variety, but if this is the case then over a quarter of the tree will have to be minion nodes. Summoners are hard enough to play already.
Spreading nodes too thin would indeed be unwise, but I think there could be some animate guardian and the two minion arrow thingy specific nodes available in the Marauder/Templar areas and Ranger/Shadow areas respectively, with only moderate use for summoners (no + minions, just some damage/hp).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info