I just found an amazing new card game based RPG

Maybe you've already heard of it, perhaps you havnt, but this is one amazing new game, and very unique in its gameplay:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266510

The game is based on building a deck of cards, each one being a separate encounter / adventure, and beating each card unlocks new items and cards. Each round the cards are arranged in a randomly drawn grid, and you move from one to another completing the hidden random challenges that await. Sometimes you get a battle encounter and then the game switches into a 3D action RPG with super smooth combat, on a gamepad at least (I first tried playing it with the keyboard and mouse ... It was horrid until I realised it was a controller game).

As a quick example, one of the cards is a river, that blocks your way and you have to cross it to pass. When you try to cross it, you get shown 4 cards - High Success / Success / Success / Failure, which then get shuffled face down and you pick one. If you pick a success card, you cross the river. If you get a high success, you dive and find some nice pebbles that sell for some gold. If you fail you get dealt a damage card.

Higher level cards have lower success rolls, but much more lucrative rewards. One of my favorite cards is the treasure chest. You get 2 success and 2 fail cards for the first draw. If you succeed you move onto the chest. If you fail, you then trigger a trap which only has 1 success card and 3 fails. If you manage to succeed you move onto the chest without any damage. If you fail you get 2 damage cards dealt, but still get to move onto the chest. Finally you get a 3 success / 1 fail cards to open the chest, and opening allows you to draw 4 equipment cards (gear for your character).

Its so fresh, unique, fun and amazing.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Maybe this post deserves its own thread, but:
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhyKYa0YJ_5DNVpOci8qhGuI4mFYcIm4V

Pretty decent title-list of recently released, interesting games to potentially get hype about. Probably would have covered PoE if the series had been around then.

I'm not raving about the videos themselves, but that's not the point.

Back on topic: known about this one 5 months ago. Maybe I should check on it again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 22, 2015, 3:55:17 AM
I use to play Duel of Champions. Give it a try. It is good. I mean, good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Lachdanan wrote:

That made me lol.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
take a look at their kickstarterpage and tell me if you would still laugh loud when you see the numbers,

when you realise all you gotta do is ride Charans E-fametrain,
google some images and put em on paper,
and get all that to 200k desperade housewives streamers,
then follow it up with massaging their hot nipples, erm .. i mean milking them.
Just missing a topic, ........, well or an off-topic, ....
maybe just porting our little forumgame: Game of Thrones Glory

Maybe way less complicated than writing books ?

Spoiler
pfff, no time for all that + way to lazy + Apathy hit me
It's only $20 on GOG at the moment, I'll be giving it a go after work.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Lachdanan wrote:
take a look at their kickstarterpage and tell me if you would still laugh loud when you see the numbers,

when you realise all you gotta do is ride Charans E-fametrain,
google some images and put em on paper,
and get all that to 200k desperade housewives streamers,
then follow it up with massaging their hot nipples, erm .. i mean milking them.
Just missing a topic, ........, well or an off-topic, ....
maybe just porting our little forumgame: Game of Thrones Glory

Maybe way less complicated than writing books ?

Spoiler
pfff, no time for all that + way to lazy + Apathy hit me

I already looked at their kickstarter page. It made me lol even more.

- PoE TOS.
Nah, its me, but its ok.
As usual you get what you paid for when reading posts on the internet.
And the quality is in linear connection to the time investment.
Just sayin we could make a crappy cardgame too, we just would have to make a random ruleset.

As far as Hand of Fate goes, it didn´t make the impression that the "fighting"-part was anything too tempting for a teen.
Oh so basically for some reason you don't like this game and just entered this thread to shit all over it? Have you actually played it? Nope, so your opinion is invalid.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info