[ LLD ] Firestorm build op or not ?

Seems like this build is winning every demigod and events so far, from 1v1/3v3 blitz to the most recents swisses, if you check every US events 9 out of 10 are won by the firestorm build.

Firestorm duration stack and tiny maps + cold snap + tc + molten shell + bear traps is what the build uses.

It looks like the storm can stack a lot and very quickly, with the current maps we have some are so small and since firestorm auto aims when locking you really cant move away from it when you get one of those tinys maps ( solaris/cells etc ). Molten shell already does insane damage and it takes out like 3/4 of hp when landing and we're supose to tank the storm stack afterwards this makes it pretty impossible for most melees builds.

Dont say that i'm complaining because i play melee and i cant win vs it, most people atm are losing to that build wether it is ranger, melee or other types of casters. I just feel like one build winning every events shows some clear unbalance somewhere, wether is it molten or the storm itself i think something needs to be looked at. You can also destroy traps very realiably with that build, putting down bear traps is or puncture traps is pretty much a waste of time as he can just aim and drop the storm in the area, if he is casting firestorm ontop of himself it destroys every trap you throw into it.

It's also known for giving a slight amount of lag paired with the firestorm MTX when it's getting spammed a lot.

I think everyone here deserves a chance to win a demigod and i dont think it will be possible for various players to win them with how good that build does in every event. I have yet to see a match where i didnt see it get #1 in US.

Anyone else thinking something is not balanced reguarding that type of build, i would like some feedbacks and opinions from other players that vs'ed that spec.

Potential balance fixes ? - Molten shell cooldown ? , Firestorm damage nerf ? , Cant destroy traps with it anymore ? just some stuff on top of my head.

Thoughts ?

regards.

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 22, 2015, 1:22:26 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

I think everyone here deserves a chance to win a demigod and i dont think it will be possible for various players to win them with how good that build does in every event. I have yet to see a match where i didnt see it get #1.
regards.

you're wrong haunt.

Cold snap, spark, FP won this morning's EU swiss.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1204358

that was because firestorm farblar didn't show up for this event (mia for whatever reason). Neither did Kuan
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Feb 21, 2015, 11:33:57 PM
This was a pretty well-known problem among some LLDers (I don't say experienced LLDers because many of them don't actually know), but it's just taken awhile for the masses to start realizing what they're seeing. I'm sure you've been thinking this for awhile and now it's finally time to post about it. Now I will wait to see if there are actually people who disagree with a Firestorm nerf before I provide detailed feedback...I'm really burnt out at the moment.
I like how everything is well known, yet no one is giving feedback until they die from it or get denied a demi.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I think that firestorm is OP. im not built for firestorm (only using 4l on a lightning caster) yet it controls and decides most duels.
If Firestorm so broken why is only the great and powerful FARBLAR winning with it? I have not been impressed with a single other Firestormer I have played against, and there are a few.

Have you tried wearing a Chayula vs these guys? No, you havent, because you are hopelessly addicted to your Elreon jewelery. AREN'T YOU????? YES. YOU ARE.

(For the record, I am too)

Molten shell, on the other hand...
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 22, 2015, 7:19:34 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:

Have you tried wearing a Chayula vs these guys? No, you havent, because you are hopelessly addicted to your Elreon jewelery. AREN'T YOU????? YES. YOU ARE.

lol Made me laugh. People don't like giving up their precious.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
I think that people do switch to chayula. This also breaks their life pool and makes firestorm dmg and more importantly molten shell more effective.
0 out of 7 of my opponents in the swiss tournament put on any sort of freeze immunity, and I would credit at least 3 of the wins solely to the fact that I was able to freeze my opponent. It is definitely true that some, if not most, people refuse to adapt to what they are playing.
"
Fightgarr wrote:
Molten shell, on the other hand...

get 5 ruby flasks perma uptime, drop an aura for purity of fire, respec into a mara for +1 fire res, and corrupt your ammu and chest for +1 all res. EZ PZ Kappa

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info