3 Month Leagues are actually 2 Month Leagues Ughh

{Speaking from a semi-casual perspective - anywhere from 1-6 hours a day}

It's a bit upsetting/disappointing to reach the point where you finally have one major piece of gear that is GG and costs 8+ exalted, only to wake up the next morning to notice the server is depleted and trade chat/public games are ghost towns (I know public games in Merciless are usually scarce because games are usually full or private map games etc.).

I just wish these leagues would stretch to at least the 6 month marker, which would really entitle us to a solid 5 months of good play time. Especially giving us Hardcore players time to rebuild if the unthinkable happens. A big majority of high levels who RIP in BL at the middle-end of the league will just quit until new league because there isn't enough time to rebuild and therefore see no point.

To me, there's no point to even log in when the community isn't there. I like to play with IRL friends but I don't always get the opportunity and when I can't play with them I like to join other friends I've made in PoE.

Today was the first time I've logged in and half of my (everyday PoE players) friends list was logged out the entire day. I asked a few and all gave the same end-of-the-line response and found it pointless.

Please.. GGG .. Something needs to give. Too many of us who cannot play 18hrs a day are struggling to find a reason to keep playing on the final weeks of these leagues. I've spoken to many people who all tell me they would definitely prefer a 6-month league over a 3-month.

The 3-month league just caters to the players who have insane amounts of free time.

I've had my fair share of days where I dedicated almost the entire 12-hr day to PoE and enjoyed the shit out of it. Bloodlines was a decent league allbeit some of the mods were annoying (Necrovigil and Taradactal Link). Other than that, I just enjoy playing hardcore in general.

This is a cry for help from someone who would love to just play more and be able to reach goals that only a very small top % of players can reach in such an amount of time.

Love PoE and have been playing solid since closed beta. I'm just starting to fade given the fact that I can't ever seem to "catch up" in time..

And when I do... Boom... League is over.
yes leagues are too short. theyre not gonna change it though.
People want a break before act 4 I guess.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Even back when leagues were lasting 4 months, most people were complaining that 4 months is too long, becouse people quit after 3 months and the last month is like playing in a ghost town. Now, they've shortened it to 3 months and the same thing happens, only 1 month sooner. If seasons would be 6 months long, you'd see about 2 - 3 months of the game "being dead", but don't take my word for it - Diablo 3 is having 6-month-long seasons so you can watch that game to see how such long seasons turn out.

Personally, as a casual player with only ~2 hours per day available for playing PoE i still find it quite easy to get a char up to level 75+ and get most of the gear i need for it; provided i don't get hung up on the most expensive pieces, that is.
Is this about trading/partying in temp leagues again? Just play solo for a bit.
yep, you just can't keep up with peoples that play 10h+/day.. but if you play 10h+/day, current leagues are just fine.
d:-D*
I am one of these guys essentially. I see no point in logging into Bloodlines if i've died on my 80+ because gear back up for the final month when the market is already saturated with Atziri stuff is pointless. When the economy is fresh and there is struggle its the best experience.
GGG saw this and attempted to shorten the leagues to find almost no change in player attitude.

To be honest though, there is very little they can do to stop this apart from making a series of two week races that offer great bonuses point wise, so you can justify starting new even if you aren't a no-lifer 12h. The leagues should not have a 2 week buffer between them either. It should be a couple days break and then the new league needs to start. No one wants to play vanilla for 2 weeks.
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
yep, you just can't keep up with peoples that play 10h+/day.. but if you play 10h+/day, current leagues are just fine.

Lol at people who play games for the trading aspect. Just run a round and smash stuff with your weapon or spells. How hard can that be? Thats why people should play games.
"
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

Lol at people who play games for the trading aspect. Just run a round and smash stuff with your weapon or spells. How hard can that be? Thats why people should play games.

err, what? i don't trade, but i can still run around and pick up my lootz.. and things aren't yet even -maxed... i like my deps, too.

Was this even for me? i'm drunked and easilly annoyed..
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
"
"
PyleWarlord wrote:

err, what? i don't trade, but i can still run around and pick up my lootz.. and things aren't yet even -maxed... i like my deps, too.

Was this even for me? i'm drunked and easilly annoyed..

Been there done that. Have fun. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info