unique items *no longer updated*

Hm, it's not like it's an über-Item, it's "just" good at one thing (defence against cold) and gives a moderate boost to another (fire damage). I don't think it needs any actual drawback as long as it's not broad-spectrum anti-elemental.
"
"
polar77rulz wrote:

:)
I noticed some items seem to have a draw back to keep them from being too powerful, I also notice that this particular item buffs your Fire Damage and increases your defenses against Cold attacks... so you become uber against cold enemies without any draw back to using it...

I would have thought it would make you more vulnerable to the cold (Helmet is good against Hot attacks because you wear it to buff heated attacks and it would be silly to wear something that is not good at making you resistant to fire while increasing your fire damage).

Except that this helm isn't "too powerful" without any added drawbacks. The argument could be made that this fire helm can augment fire attacks in addition to protecting against cold attacks...this is something games have gone back and forth on for decades i.e. whether fire protects against cold or is weak to cold.

Oftentimes uniques will have a drawback because without it the rest of the item would be inordinately strong. Drawbacks also have a tendency to play well into certain builds. For example, the -100 accuracy on the unique maul is completely negated by taking Resolute Technique, something a 2h str based character is likely to do anyways.

Not every unique needs a drawback.
Also found these :) But they're already on the list...maybe someone wants to compare :P

FFA Loot = ninja fest = lots of swearing

IGN: NineteenEightyFourGO(current one), Polars, SirensOfTheSea, XenaLegenDaryPrincess
"
Yuof wrote:

Ahh this jewel of a shield was finally found :) Now I need to get one!
Once more into the fray, Into the last good fight I'll ever know, Live and die on this day, Live and die on this day IGN: Mastodon_The_Primeval

Just found this.

"
Drakx wrote:
Just found this.

This appears to be buffed? Anyone know by how much?

Maybe I was wrong. I thought some of the values might have been incrased. Oh well.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Feb 1, 2013, 7:08:53 AM
Doesn't look buffed to me.

Found this nice little belt today ^_^
Say NO to real money trading. We can not allow it to destroy this great game.
Just got this bad boy last night chancing the normal maul... soooo happy!!!

Found this little guy in a map
Ign: Zel, Zelg

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info