Diamond flask Lucky: per cast or per hit?

So the Diamond flask provides your critical strikes with lucky rolls. This means that the critical strike chance is rolled twice and the higher number is picked out. Can anyone confirm if the lucky roll is per cast or per hit?
( -(oo)-")
both
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
The crit roll for a skill is only made once for each use of the skill, not per hit. Making it roll twice and pick the highest doesn't change when the roll is made.
I'll use this thread to state that I still don't get how diamond flasks work. By how much does it increase my chance to crit? Say I have 50% crit chance, how much does a diamond flask help in that case?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
To calculate your effective crit chance while using the flask you have to first calculate the chance to not crit.

2 rolls, each having 50% chance to not be a crit:
0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 => your chance to not roll a crit in either of the two rolls is 25%

Thus your effective chance to score a crit is 75% in this case.

If you have a different crit chance just substitute 0.5 in the formula above, but remember that this is your chance not to crit; with 75% crit chance you would put 0.25 in the formula like below:
0.25 * 0.25 = 0.0625 => 93.75% chance to crit

Cheers
ign: Rotlimbs
That actually sounds fairly intuitive. Thanks :)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
50% crit chance is actually the sweet spot for diamond flask to get the most +% to crit chance.

I love the lucky mechanics, I hope GGG introduces more uniques with it.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 23, 2015, 8:05:12 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The crit roll for a skill is only made once for each use of the skill, not per hit. Making it roll twice and pick the highest doesn't change when the roll is made.

So if cyclone crits, all way hits would be critical?
They can still be downgraded to normal Hits by virtue of the 'Crit confirm' roll (a second Chance to Hit roll). Assuming they pass the confirm, all Hits will be Crits, yes.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

What about the assassin's mark curse?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info