POE Exchange Rates for Currency Make No Sense (Standard)

Let me break this down real slow...

The actual Chaos:Regret exchange rate is not exactly 2:1. It is, based on evidence listed above, somewhere between 35:16 and 19:8...

...which then gets rounded to 2:1 on whatever list you were referencing because human beings have a tendency to round decimals to nearest integer.

A more precise Chaos:Regret rate could be listed as 2.33:1. Or 7:3. Whichever you prefer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 21, 2015, 1:37:09 AM
Lots of irrelevant posts trying to explain the market ratios with math. Math do not apply.
Take the ratio for exalt:fusings for example. It is at 1:40 (for standard).
Now if I'm not mistaken c:fus is about 2:3. try to round this up or down :P
Ratios are created based on the currency needs. people need fusing asap usually so they overpay and the ratio makes no sense.
Another example is the ratio for ex vs regrets on standard that is mentioned in this thread.
It's about 1:13 to 1:16, when a regret costs 2 scours in the vendor...Does it make mathematical sense?No. Is it reasonable for standard?
Absolutely.
Anybody can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way - that is not within everybody's power and is not easy.

Aristotle
Last edited by Iluvatar_gr on Feb 21, 2015, 2:00:13 AM
It all makes sense if you use Wraeclastian math. Shame they don't teach that in school anymore.
- here's my sig
exchange rates are hard coded.
Supply and Demand, and trader impatience.

It makes perfect sense.

You have to ask yourself: what's the supply and what's the demand for large quantities of regret orbs?

What's the supply and demand for small quantities of regret orbs?

How impatient are the involved traders?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
U mad i traded over 9000 ex for 1 chaos? Yea, U mad.

PS: The above statement might not be true.
you can make way more chaos per hour then regrets , hence why regrets are way more valueable then chaos will ever be and that´s how itll stay untill we can vendor a set of unidgear for 2 regrets.
Markets based on barter are entirely based on supply and demand. This can be confusing due to global markets using currency in the real world. the best way to describe this is chocolate and onions. In real life each of these have specific based values and depending on how common one is over the other would dictate the exchange rate between the two now lets say the ration of chocolate to onions is 16 chocolate bars to 1 onion. where chocolate to apples is 5:1. and apples to onions is 3:1. this would mean mathematically chocolate to onion should be 15:1. Because nobody wants onions you overpay when trading the less desired item.

xD
"
Jgizle wrote:
Examples

Regret to Exalt is 16 : 1

Chaos to Regret is 2 : 1

Chaos to Exalt is 38 : 1

Chaos to Exalt should be 32 : 1

Why am I expected to give 6 free chaos for the same currency value.

This is true of the exchange rates as a whole. We need to have some legit standard exchange rates not these values people come up with that make no sense.

Dude, I totally get what you mean but I think you're just not understanding the fact that the currency system is made up of consumables. Multiples of them. There's always going to be variabilities between them depending on how much in demand each currency is at the moment. Also, in general, if you're buying in bulk with Exalted, I find it's more likely you're going to overpay because you're more willing to get more out of convenience than value.

For example, you could spend all day buying Alterations at a ratio of 9 per 1 chaos. This is possible to do right now but it's far easier to buy Alterations for Exalted. But nobody will sell you 360 alterations for 1 ex (Assuming 40:1c exalted ratio). You'll see people buying/selling for about 300-340 alterations per Ex. Value-wise it is less efficient to buy with Exalted but it is very convenient as you can fill stash tabs if you're willing to over-pay in bulk quickly vs spending all day trying to pinch chaos ratios.

You basically hit on a strategy people do to make some money which is very common. You can buy Regrets at a 1:2c ratio and spend 32-34 chaos to get enough regrets to exchange for an Exa and sell Exa for 40-44 chaos making profit. All you're doing is flipping variable prices in Regret currencies. It's just a lot more time consuming if all you're doing is CONSUMING the regrets rather than trying to turn a profit.

Hope this makes sense.
Holy necro...

Also, if you're new to trade channel currency exchange rates, hope this opens your eyes :3
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info