So I wanna do this ARCHERY thing on a DUELIST...

Hi there,

I hope you can help me with my Duelist Archer build. I really like this Char and don`t want to screw it so I tried to keep the passive tree more adjustable, only going for Life nodes and essentials like Iron Grip and Point Blank. My goal is to map with my friends as safe as possible while pumping out high DPS.

This is my gear *cough*;

This is the Passive tree now;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtC2EUIBR1GNsaPiFgMZ4yfjWSNug4GzrhQKBHfkrITeNTu1ivXhNfOV8_YEthUmVNbpduqnTtdPF1y3gNeWh674TZhmCK8JstpMKmV6cwqW6wc7CrtfK9Nr6KvqfBBMSCxLjV-Ni96mLvDu9O8i_yRfKc977-Cv6P

And hopefully in the Future with all questionable keynodes and only a few Crit nodes;
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5wUtC2EUIBR1GNsaPiFgMZ4yfjWSNug4GzrhQKBHfkrITeNTu1ivXhNfOV8_YEthUmVNbpduqnTtdPF1y3gNeWh674TZhmCK8JstpMKmV6cwqW6wc7CrtfK9Nr6KvqfBBMSCxLjV-Ni96mLvDu9O8i_yRfKc977-Cv6P3Q0s6dqNq9IlP1b6d9c51Hb3Mfqgn38rMHxRR5UF2cYylH8CpuAIiZrxXWjKqe4O73rTfn11_rqNfSP2TZKFMio4n8vWiluvu-PEog==

At the moment I´m on Cruel right before Dominus using;
Ice shot + chain + Life gain on hit + physical projectile attack damage for multiple tarket ( 460DPS) and puncture + LifeLeech + Bloodmagic for Single Target (580DPS)

2.6 k Life, 1,9k Armor, 500 Evasion, Resi cap, 7% LL, 360 mana

I know I need to go for Damage now (It`s too low at the moment..) so I`m aiming for Master Fletcher and afterwards in Ranger tree direction. And yes my Gear is not the best, but resis are capped at least.. I feel like the build is ready to go through the roof but doesnt because it`s like i said only basic stuff until now.

Since I ain`t got any late game / mapping experience and the Builds i found online are either too old or not really survivable, I have some questions I hope you can answer for me. Main problem is that i don`t know if the tree I´m planning is tanky enough for mapping and reflecting enemys.

1. Do I need Vaal pact? (1skill only)

2. Do i need Unwavering Stance? (1skill only)

3. Do i need iron Refexes or should i go for Evasion also? (more dex incoming from Ranger direction on tree)

4. What abaout Mind over Matter? (1 skill only)

5. Should I aim for crit nodes in passive tree, or better not? (maybe too expensive in nodes idk...?)

6. Are my passives cool or crap / better go for Elemental Damage in Templar direction?

Thank you for reading, thanks for your time. I know there is a lot to discuss about my questions, but as long as I get something that shows me what to do and what absolutely not I´m happy. I hope you can help.
Sorry for my bad english. I hope the links all work.

Cheers
Last edited by Pansotron on Feb 20, 2015, 9:01:09 AM
oh... i sure could have used the duelist discussion forum.
Ice Shot is probably not the best multiple target skill for you, since it converts 100% to cold in the aoe portion (which is the portion that does the "work" of the skill) and you're relying on leech for life/mana sustain.

Why not Tornado Shot? Yes, I know it's pretty well broken, but honestly your build is pretty far off of what people consider to be good anyways, so why not use the good skill?
After the introduction of Tornado Shot using a different bow skill is just a waste of time.

Tornado Shot >>> everything.

Sorry, but Ice Shot was always inferior to the rest of the bow skills and now it's total shit.
I played a Ranger selffound last league with TS - wrecked everything in merci with shitty gear.

Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
After the introduction of Tornado Shot using a different bow skill is just a waste of time.

Sorry, but Ice Shot was always inferior to the rest of the bow skills and now it's total shit.
I played a Ranger selffound last league with TS - wrecked everything in merci with shitty gear.

You know how people have been wrecking shit with kinetic blast CoC frost wall (100% pierce)? I've been thinking about trying it with ice shot instead. It should work generally the same, every frost wall it pierces will create a new ice cone for each projectile. So with GMP it could be possible to hit a boss with like 10+ cones at once. This is basically the only reason I would ever try ice shot.

Well, theres also the ice shot + three dragons burn proliferation builds, they look decent.
You see, I thought the ice shot prolif was strong too, but the strong part is the prolif, not the ice shot, and tons of things do the prolif better sadly. It is a very fun build though, it was one of my first chars this season. Tornado shot really is just better but don't let that stop you from trying to make a fun build, thats what the games all about. I cant wait for prolif to be driven into the ground. I <3 nerfs.
Last edited by ZachAttack2K13 on Feb 20, 2015, 1:04:49 PM
Hi I made a Ice Shot Duelist, and played Ice Shot in Bloodlines. The important thing that I wanted to do in my build was to maximize Stun. So I got the Stun cluster at the bottom of the tree as well as the stun bow cluster on the right side of the tree. As well as all the notable bot crit nodes.

I used ice shot with chain and essentially if I didn't freeze it, I stun locked it. And what might 'it' be, you may ask? Well just about everything.

The key to making it work though is having as many arrows firing at once WITHOUT using gmp, lmp. So I recommend Death's Harp (or a bow so powerful that it makes up for having one less arrow fired) and a +1 arrows quiver. Which can be expensive as 10 exalt or as cheap as 20 chaos.

Also grab yourself a belt with decreased enemy stun threshold and increased stun duration. Also, try a craghead quiver until you find a GG one for end game.

glhfgg

I was able to do level 68 maps with a level 56 character. And still stun lock the entire room with chaining ice shots.
Last edited by BearCares on Feb 20, 2015, 1:43:15 PM
"
Nerdicide wrote:
"
CommodoX wrote:

You know how people have been wrecking shit with kinetic blast CoC frost wall (100% pierce)? I've been thinking about trying it with ice shot instead. It should work generally the same, every frost wall it pierces will create a new ice cone for each projectile. So with GMP it could be possible to hit a boss with like 10+ cones at once. This is basically the only reason I would ever try ice shot.

Well, theres also the ice shot + three dragons burn proliferation builds, they look decent.

I actually have a level 88 ice shot char, and I tried the frost wall trick. Doesn't really work.
"
BearCares wrote:
Hi I made a Ice Shot Duelist, and played Ice Shot in Bloodlines. The important thing that I wanted to do in my build was to maximize Stun. So I got the Stun cluster at the bottom of the tree as well as the stun bow cluster on the right side of the tree. As well as all the notable bot crit nodes.

I used ice shot with chain and essentially if I didn't freeze it, I stun locked it. And what might 'it' be, you may ask? Well just about everything.

The key to making it work though is having as many arrows firing at once WITHOUT using gmp, lmp. So I recommend Death's Harp (or a bow so powerful that it makes up for having one less arrow fired) and a +1 arrows quiver. Which can be expensive as 10 exalt or as cheap as 20 chaos.

Also grab yourself a belt with decreased enemy stun threshold and increased stun duration. Also, try a craghead quiver until you find a GG one for end game.

glhfgg

I was able to do level 68 maps with a level 56 character. And still stun lock the entire room with chaining ice shots.

Thanks this sounds cool. You don`t have the Passive tree right? I`m interested in how you could do enough damage. I´m also not sure if your thing is possible with my build...
"
CommodoX wrote:

I'm not disagreeing that Tornado is king. But saying Ice Shot is and was terrible is going a bit too far. Last league, I killed Atziri with a 5L using Ice Shot and Puncture. It absolutely works; if you freeze it, it can't hurt you.
(1.2)Puncture/Ice Shot duelist - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1078942
(2.0)The Party Crasher - Hardcore viable Ice Crash Duelist - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335704

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info