Getting one shot by Kole

What the heck!? When I play hardcore my only guideline for HP is to have 1k per difficulty by Act 3.

I normally start mapping around level 62

Obviously this guy doesn't have immortal call setup else Kole couldn't have possibly one shot him with physical damage.

Also, if you are in Bloodlines, pick up a couple of Tasalio's Signs. They are incredibly underrated. And they turn anyone with a 6-7 evasion nodes into quite the tank.
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
...3k hp is plenty and more than enough for a 62 lvl character

Apparently Kole disagrees...
I don't think anyone here gets the point the TC is trying to make.

Everyone is just ignorantly assuming things and are obviously not reading his post/illiterate.

He just said he got killed in 1 hit after a lag spike (or desync according to later posts) had Kole appear next to him and hit him. I agree that it is outrageous that a boss that isn't from a map could 1 hit kill you if you just because you are unlucky and the game desynced or lagged. 3k HP is good, especially after all the HP node nerfs that have occurred in the past.

Level 62 or 70 really makes no difference. 8 levels isn't going to make someone that much more of a tank. 3k HP is good. If his gear is providing that much he's done something right. Needing godly gear to give you 4-5k HP at the TC's level to deal with Kole is ludicrous.

This person wasn't a idiot that went to melee Kole. This person was playing smart by using hit-and-run tactics against Kole, and should not have been taken down in 1 hit with 3k HP. The TC's HP should have been enough to take at least 1 hit, and be able to run.

It really is a problem when this game has a non-map boss that consistently deals enough damage to 1 hit kill tanky characters, especially since desync and lag is still a server side issue too.

Since desync and lag is going to be fixed anytime soon, damage should be adjusted better. It hasn't been yet, but I'd like to think GGG considers these things and will eventually adjust damage dealt by unique monsters like Kole.

☑ "That Boss damage is CRAZY!”
☑ “I can't fight against a Boss like that!”
☑ "The Boss NEEDED precisely those two crits in subsequent order to kill me!"
☑ “The Boss pulled me in the only moment that could rekt me!”
☑ "The Boss had the perfect RNG!"
☑ “There was nothing I could do!”
☑ “I played that perfectly!”
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Kole is insane, I always avoid him, even when I think I could kill him
Kole One-shots himself on Minion instability, if your sent the army
"
chaosmagez wrote:

Level 62 or 70 really makes no difference. 8 levels isn't going to make someone that much more of a tank. 3k HP is good. If his gear is providing that much he's done something right. Needing godly gear to give you 4-5k HP at the TC's level to deal with Kole is ludicrous.

Do you really think 8 levels makes no difference? You get 12 life per level so that 8 levels gives you 96 base life. If you're life based, you should have a fair amount of Increased Life from passives. Say you only have 100% Increased Life...that's 192 extra life. Still think levels make no difference?

What's a TC anyway?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
First, yes Kole is absolutely ridiculous and anybody who says they can handle him no problem either are massively overgeared (like a dedicated Piety run build that decides to kill Kole while they're at it), or are outright lying.

With that said, this is kind of the design behind the game: for there to always be something that can threaten to kill players no matter how defensive they build. It's less about "how to beat the boss" and more about realizing you shouldn't be challenging him anyway. The unfortunate part though is that I feel the game has kind of entered an arms race against the community that ends up killing build diversity:

- GGG introduces a mob or boss that is designed to kill players.

A community of theorycrafters figure a way to make this scary and lethal threat much less of one.

- Everybody adopts this strategy, because killing enemies is more fun than running from them.

- GGG introduces more mobs that can kill these new, super-defensive players despite the work they put into survivability.

- Those who don't hop on the bandwagon get insta-gibbed.

- When GGG adjusts the game to nerf these defenses, the mobs remain the same and continue to wreck players even worse (max resist nerf...).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
The only issue I have with kole is the environment in which you fight him. All those pillars and doorways are prone to desync, which is frustrating when you're fighting a boss that most builds want to kite. Keep his damage the same, but redesign the area so it's less prone to teleporting.
I can't believe you guys are saying Kole is dangerous. He's not. Huuge lag spikes aside. Do you have curses? Do you have puncture? Do you have freeze? Do you have Granite flask? Do you have immortal call? Do you have stun threshold reduction? Do you have DPS? I mean it just goes on and on, all the ways to disable him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info