Darkest Dungeon

Pretty fun game if you like roguelikes. Just something if you are killing time, waiting for act 4.
Been watching gameplay footage om YouTube. ZiggyD has been playing, and a coupla other guys. I find it entertaining and atmospheric. I've been tempted to get it, but it's still in need of some polishing, so I'll wait a bit. Still, it looks pretty good! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
This and HM2 are on my short list
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I'm strongly considering it, but Nuclear Throne is next on my roguelike to do list so it might take a while for me to get around to it.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
I'm strongly considering it, but Nuclear Throne is next on my roguelike to do list so it might take a while for me to get around to it.

woah...mind=blown. had no idea the guys who made Luftrausers made a roguelike. SOLD

I've met the people that are currently working on this.

It's a fantastic game :D
Ok,

after playing for a few hours here and there I have got to say that this game is by no means easy.

A few things

1. you can cheese it if you can figure out how, but it is easy to ignore and play correctly. The devs know about it so it won't be in long.

2. you get attached to your characters , so if one dies you feel bad. They even have a graveyard to remind you of your failures.

3. RNG will mess your day up.

4. if you abandon 2 missions in a row, it's pretty much game over.(unless you have seriously upgraded your roster slots) The stress mechanic in the game transfers to you while you play.

5. The economy is so tight that failure is a real concern. Unless you are a very good gamer, you will start over.

6. the boss fights take some thought, and you can fail easily the first time if you do not youtube the fight. I chose not to , and my graveyard has 5 people in it, just from boss fights. You can not over level to beat them either.

7. every decision you make, every skill you use, every bit of equipment you bring has benefits/consequences when you use them , or choose not to. You will be thinking about every turn. This is not a game you can bull rush. if you do, it will eat you alive.

8. the voice acting is fantastic.
Last edited by Xtorma on Feb 20, 2015, 12:01:28 PM
"
Xtorma wrote:

7. every decision you make, every skill you use, every bit of equipment you bring has benefits/consequences when you use them , or choose not to. You will be thinking about every turn. This is not a game you can bull rush. if you do, it will eat you alive.
I love designs like this.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Xtorma wrote:

I love designs like this.

Me too. Plus, its a Canadian studio. Show some love
This one is on my to-buy list.

And reminded me I never finished IVAN (a game where you can decapitate yourself by slipping on a banana peel, now that is true hardcore)
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info